X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    That would sure be nice 👌
    You just want to compare it to your karb lol
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

You just want to compare it to your karb lol
      Yea, I'll take it out of the box to inspect it out of curiosity, take a ton of photos then back in box it goes to be sold.
      BTW I currently have 3 people wanting it, so folks can PM me about it to "get in line" but I've decided since enough people have contacted me I want to sell the intake along with the parts kit (breather/shutoff) and possibly the OEM Filter that i have coming with the box..
      Haven't made up my mind on the filter, have an ITG in the Karb. but I'm a sucker for factory and I LOVE hoarding parts!!
      Last edited by Cubieman; 05-15-2020, 11:03 PM.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

My box just shipped today! There are new pics of a production box on Turners website... looks like the weave matches between the two halves of the box

Comment

Originally posted by F360C View Post
          My box just shipped today! There are new pics of a production box on Turners website... looks like the weave matches between the two halves of the box
          Nice, thanks for the info, that is great news! I assume you ordered directly from Turner?

Instagram

Comment

Great! Yeah were you part of the gb or on your own?

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Great! Yeah were you part of the gb or on your own?
              I was on my own and ordered around the beginning of November.

Comment

I was on my own and ordered around the beginning of November.
                Makes sense you're getting yours in the first batch then. Looking forward to hearing about it, and I hope the second batch isn't far behind!

Comment

Makes sense you're getting yours in the first batch then. Looking forward to hearing about it, and I hope the second batch isn't far behind!
                  Should have it in my hands Tuesday or Wednesday.. I'll post up some pics when I get it.

Comment

Box does look good! Now we need some info on fitment!
                    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Comment

newb here. bought the car late last year and i was reading up on the CSL airbox when m3f went under. could someone educate me a little bit. i had read that buying the airbox was "just the beginning". apparently, there are more parts to order to complete the setup? is this more of an aesthetic need or do you really NEED more parts in order to install the TMS CSL Box. Can this not be a plug and play system? i'm currently running an Epic tune so i only imagine they have a CSL tune. just seems this may or may not be worth the trouble but curious on what everyone else feels.

appreciate any info anyone can provide.
                      '06 Carbon Black
                      Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post
                        newb here. bought the car late last year and i was reading up on the CSL airbox when m3f went under. could someone educate me a little bit. i had read that buying the airbox was "just the beginning". apparently, there are more parts to order to complete the setup? is this more of an aesthetic need or do you really NEED more parts in order to install the TMS CSL Box. Can this not be a plug and play system? i'm currently running an Epic tune so i only imagine they have a CSL tune. just seems this may or may not be worth the trouble but curious on what everyone else feels.

You absolutely need more parts, no matter how you slice it. To properly run a CSL airbox you need a few different vacuum tubes that are of different lengths than those that would connect to the stock airbox, as well as an intake air temp sensor. But more importantly, you at least need to delete the MAF, as it's incompatible with a CSL airbox. You have choices in how you do that: the one requiring the least parts is you could simply just delete the MAF and run an alpha-n tune which just makes assumptions about airflow based on temperature and engine load instead of having a sensor that actually measures it. The better way to do it (and how a real CSL runs) is to retrofit a MAP sensor to replace the MAF sensor. There are many choices for how to retrofit a MAP sensor, each with their own associated parts and costs. Finally, if your car is pre-2003, you would need to upgrade your DME, as older DMEs (MSS54) can't run MAP based tunes, only the later DME models (MSS54HP) can.

Also need to buy a special filter.

Most people say it's worth the cost/trouble, but I can't comment since I don't have mine yet/
                        Last edited by ATB88; 05-17-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

You absolutely need more parts, no matter how you slice it. To properly run a CSL airbox you need a few different vacuum tubes that are of different lengths than those that would connect to the stock airbox, as well as an intake air temp sensor. But more importantly, you at least need to delete the MAF, as it's incompatible with a CSL airbox. You have choices in how you do that: the one requiring the least parts is you could simply just delete the MAF and run an alpha-n tune which just makes assumptions about airflow based on temperature and engine load instead of having a sensor that actually measures it. The better way to do it (and how a real CSL runs) is to retrofit a MAP sensor to replace the MAF sensor. There are many choices for how to retrofit a MAP sensor, each with their own associated parts and costs. Finally, if your car is pre-2003, you would need to upgrade your DME, as older DMEs (MSS54) can't run MAP based tunes, only the later DME models (MSS54HP) can.

Also need to buy a special filter.

Most people say it's worth the cost/trouble, but I can't comment since I don't have mine yet/
                          Nice explanation ATB, you definitely want to go the MAP route in my opinion if you are already dropping this kind of $ for a mod.

Some parts you can reuse like your Breather Tube and Shutoff Valve but they require modifying, I simply bought the CSL parts. You will also need to bend you dipstick tube or buy the shorter CSL dipstick/dipstick tube, but if you run the CSL dipstick you have remove part of the airbox everytime you want to check your oil so most just bend their tube.
                          I should note you can (if running CSL software) check your oil level on your dash, but that will require additional coding and I personally like to check my oil the old fashioned way.
                          Also I used the Turner IAT relocation harness so I didn't end up having to cut off/splice into my MAF wiring. Since the Turner box won't take a flap you don't need to worry about wiring for that. Also if you run the MAP sensor and use factory terminations on the wiring that plug directly into the DME connector block and you use Turner harness you will only be splicing one wire!
                          Last edited by Cubieman; 05-17-2020, 12:25 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

By your signature I’m guessing you have an 06.
                            Besides the airbox. You will need the IAT sensor and connector - air filter -TB boots (could get them used from an pre 04 intake) - you can modify both the breather hose and the air shutoff valve and still have clean install - Tune - if you go alpha n that’s all you need, but if you go with a MAP then you will need a MAP kit - last would be to turn/bend the dipstick tube

Comment

guess my email notification was reset again. gotta love it! anyway, yes i have an '06. if i were to do, i would most certainly go for a MAP kit. i did do the IAT relocation on my oem setup so i imagine that's the same thing? i would simply unplug the maf and cap/cover it up? sucks about the dipstick. i track the car and i do check oil often on track days so that would seem frustrating. otherwise, it doesn't seem that challenging to fully install. fwiw, i do have an MSS54HP so i'm clear on that. appreciate the info. i didn't get in on the GB but it'll be something i'll keep an eye. i also happen to have an AFE Stage 2 that i bought awhile ago but never installed. it's worth giving it a shot just to buy time until more reviews of the TMS box come in.

thanks for everyones feedback.
                              '06 Carbon Black
                              Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

TMS uses the Hella IAT sensor, uses the same connectors as other relocation kits. The dipstick still works you just have to move it towards the strut tower

Comment

Working...
                                X