SSK Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobra View Post
    Where the heck do you buy the AS shift linkage? The website is pretty scattered. You just e-mail the guy and buy it direct?
    Yeah, old school but it works.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Yeah not being able to just click "buy" feels a bit archaic. BUT, Ronald is extremely helpful and makes each shifter to order. I'm glad I got to speak to him before buying, as we bounced some ideas around and ended up speccing out a custom shifter that was exactly what I wanted.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        Where the heck do you buy the AS shift linkage? The website is pretty scattered. You just e-mail the guy and buy it direct?
        Yep, email Ronald directly. He'll help you find what you need. Ronald2020@autosolutions.net
        2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
        [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

I love how he doesn't have a commerce site, the guy is smart. He doesn't want to deal with the bullshit associated with people who don't know what they want or what to expect so a call is in order. An ssk is a very personal thing so I think more often than not people change their minds on what they want after speaking to him.

He provides much more information than he could possibly put on a website and he's a really nice guy, well at least he fooled me 😂
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Not supposed to be.

I have a bmw lighted 6 speed knob with a divorced alcantara boot, that metal ring on the collar of the other knobs just bugs me.
            Do you have AS SSK? Yours isn’t off centered?

Comment

Mine is being made as we speak. I specifically asked Ron about this and he said did you hear otherwise?
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                Mine is being made as we speak. I specifically asked Ron about this and he said did you hear otherwise?
                When i was working with him to have mine made, he had it as one of the parameters you could request. Ex. you could request it to default to the OEM middle position in neutral, or slightly right/left. As long as you let him know this is important to you he should be able to accomodate.
                2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

While we are on the subject, anyone know what shifter the VAC motorsports lever comes from?

VAC Motorsports 'Better Than New' OEM + Shift kit, BMW E46 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
                    While we are on the subject, anyone know what shifter the VAC motorsports lever comes from?

VAC, so they probably pull it out of a dumpster.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

VAC, so they probably pull it out of a dumpster.
                      haha. saw that coming. but serious lol. Not to change subject much but their exhaust hub was a super nice piece. Just saying , and this is claimed to be an oem part but I want to know which one!!

Comment

That's the 330d shifter. P/n 25117527252

Looks like vac is selling it for significantly less than other retailers.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

They really need to proofread their site
                          E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

I had the OEM short shifter kit that was on Tischer/getbmwparts and paired that with AKGs selector rod and it was very smooth.

Currently running RTDs shorter v2 or 3 can't remember, but whatever one allows for use of OE knobs. I bought it for dual purpose street/track. Took some getting use to, but I enjoy it, plus it doesn't require modification to any of the console.

Never installed mine as I had them installed when other work was being performed. A tech did advice me though that you could loosen the rear trans mounts and get it to sink enough to install the selector rod.

Comment

I have the 330d and never noticed that it's offset over to the right, but now I want to try the e60 just to see. I probably put that in 10 years ago so it's just normal to me now. I also did a shifter rebuild kit with one of the bushings replaced with delrin. There's another bushing I didn't put delrin in but kind of wish I did.

Now if my synchros just worked better.

Comment

Working...
                              X