Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless CarPlay and AA on stock MKIV nav screen, including touch screen support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
    Following! I really want to get this for my e39. I recently purchased the loom and the car is equipped with a BM53. What else do I need that isn’t part for your package?
    You may need a firmware upgrade on the bm53 if it doesn’t have auxiliary mode. Or you can use the cd changer audio input. But will need a cd in the changer and working.

Then you just need the carplay tv tuner box and either a monitor off me, or send me your monitor for touchscreen. Also you will need the OEM microphone modified.

Which year is your e39?

Comment

Originally posted by Baris - Carphonics View Post

You may need a firmware upgrade on the bm53 if it doesn't have auxiliary mode. Or you can use the cd changer audio input. But will need a cd in the changer and working.

Then you just need the carplay tv tuner box and either a monitor off me, or send me your monitor for touchscreen. Also you will need the OEM microphone modified.

Which year is your e39?
      I have a 2003 M5. I've looked at the part number on my BM53 and have a version that has aux and Sirius XM.

Since my screen has dead pixels, I will send it over to replace with touch screen.

What needs to be modified on the microphone? I have and OEM Bluetooth mic currently installed.
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I have a 2003 M5. I've looked at the part number on my BM53 and have a version that has aux and Sirius XM.

Since my screen has dead pixels, I will send it over to replace with touch screen.

What needs to be modified on the microphone? I have and OEM Bluetooth mic currently installed.
        That’s great.

The microphone itself needs to be modified, so it’s compatible with the carplay system.

Whenever you are ready, you can send me over your monitor, or you can buy one ready made. It’s £400 to buy one from me, or £300 to add touchscreen and new TFT screen to yours, plus the shipping to me. Works out about the same, but you get an extra monitor. There will be an extra charge also for a modified microphone, if you’re not shipping me your bits.

Comment

Keep me updated on how this goes for ya buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by BearDeXPS View Post

Keep me updated on how this goes for ya buddy!
            Will do! Going to buy it for the M5 first and if I like it buy another for the M3.
            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Will all the standard car functions like consumption displays work without the mkiv unit if I use the tv tuner solely to power the headunit? I guess what I'm curious is how the car is pulling that information from the canbus? Is the data being fed to the trunk into the tv tuner via ibus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                Will all the standard car functions like consumption displays work without the mkiv unit if I use the tv tuner solely to power the headunit? I guess what I'm curious is how the car is pulling that information from the canbus? Is the data being fed to the trunk into the tv tuner via ibus?

It will still display all that when you select computer on the OEM screen, via the tv tuner. I will take a screenshot from my car and post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baris - Carphonics View Post

It will still display all that when you select computer on the OEM screen, via the tv tuner. I will take a screenshot from my car and post it up.
                  Perfect! I got everything I need from a junkyard over the weekend and wanted to make sure I didn't need to grab any wiring or the mkiv but this is great to hear there is zero neee for the mkiv for every little function I care about. Not worth the extra weight of the harness and the nav unit. So no need for an antenna either? I'm assuming the tv tuner will not actually work these days to play tv? Not a big deal given that pretty much everything is over the Internet now, but it would be kind of a cool throwback feature.

2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Perfect! I got everything I need from a junkyard over the weekend and wanted to make sure I didn't need to grab any wiring or the mkiv but this is great to hear there is zero neee for the mkiv for every little function I care about. Not worth the extra weight of the harness and the nav unit. So no need for an antenna either? I'm assuming the tv tuner will not actually work these days to play tv? Not a big deal given that pretty much everything is over the Internet now, but it would be kind of a cool throwback feature.

Analogue tv signal has been switched off for some time now. You can opt for extra AV input, and add an Amazon firestick, which would give you all the tv you need. You would need to buy an hdmi to composite converter. Split off the usb into 2, and use that to power the firestick and converter.

I showed it in action on the video.

Comment

This is what the TV tuner trip menu computer looks like, when you don’t have the navigation plugged in.
                      Attached Files

Comment

How’s it do with Y2K? 🤣

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Wow!! This mod is def top 5 oem+ mods for the e46 m3...I will be reaching out shortly to replace/upgrade my business cd HU.
                          2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post
                            Wow!! This mod is def top 5 oem+ mods for the e46 m3...I will be reaching out shortly to replace/upgrade my business cd HU.
                            That’s great. I can also provide the retrofit cable, if you cannot source it.

Comment

This thread is about a year old, has anyone purchased and installed a complete kit? Impressions?
                              '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                              Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                              Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
                                This thread is about a year old, has anyone purchased and installed a complete kit? Impressions?
                                [mention]Projecte46m3 [/mention] has done this, pretty sure it's in the car now.

Comment

Working...
                                X