No announcement yet.

Rear seat sound insulation part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People definitely overused dynamat during the SPL days.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Oh I completely get it! There are some things I'm not willing to compromise on. Some things I clearly am willing to though.

My comment wasn't really directed at you or anyone else in this thread. It was merely to offer up an alternative approach that worked well for me. If my comment landed like a turd in the punch bowl, it wasn't my intention! There are likely others reading this thread that aren't posting (cause they haven't joined the forum... shameful) and they may get value out of my non-sanctioned approach.
      Hahaha “turd in the punch bowl” 😂 I haven't heard that one before. Nah I didn't read it like that at all, I just more meant I know that I'm particular/silly with some of this stuff so was just clarifying that I'm not suggesting that a genuine part is the only “proper” way to do it :-) indeed your approach or dyna-mat probably gives a better overall result in terms of noise reduction, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Curious to see pics of the install from the guys that ordered the new mat. I just did a vincebar on my car and really want to replace the insulation now. I originally ordered the new part before the job thinking this mat would just flop around everytime I take out the rear bench but after reading this thread and looking at the cutout points further while my car was apart, the new mat might work fine similar to the E9x insulation.

If not, I'll just be ordering the original 055 part number. It's interesting… my 05 ZHP is only 3 years newer and has the similar insulation to the m3 and it's still plenty soft and hasn't cracked after all these years, so I may just get the 055 part number unless someone here convinces me the new part fits securely and is indeed a once and done purchase since the new stuff won't degrade.

2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

karter will probably end up getting his in way before me. fcp had it estimated for the week of 12/6 currently
          /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
            karter will probably end up getting his in way before me. fcp had it estimated for the week of 12/6 currently
            Paid the Customs bill today, so should get it next week!

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

Paid the Customs bill today, so should get it next week!

nice, great news!
              /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how 51488252759​ fits. Its in my cart ready to order from FCP. Hopefully karter16 gets his before the blackfriday sales.

Comment

If I had seen this thread earlier I could have just test fit the insulation from my compact in the M3.

Comment

Any updates?

2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                      Any updates?

Calling customs tomorrow as it seems to be stuck in the process somewhere :/

Build Thread:

Comment

Calling customs tomorrow as it seems to be stuck in the process somewhere :/

Spoke to customs and it turns out the issue lay with the idiot customer (me). Have now read the invoice correctly and paid the remaining balance.

Build Thread:

Comment

Well it's here!!

And (with the caveat that I haven't fitted it yet) I'm super happy with it. It's a nicely made piece, appears to be a soft sound deadening core with a slightly firmer shell to hold the shape with the outer a soft felt. The cut outs for the fuel pump access panels are nice, the cutouts have a couple of points on each length that are joined so that it's a single piece but you can cut them if you need to to access the pump.

I'll get the scales out but weight feels to be as advertised.

Will do a test fit when I can and update with more photos showing fitment.

Build Thread:

Comment

Well it's here!!

And (with the caveat that I haven't fitted it yet) I'm super happy with it. It's a nicely made piece, appears to be a soft sound deadening core with a slightly firmer shell to hold the shape with the outer a soft felt. The cut outs for the fuel pump access panels are nice, the cutouts have a couple of points on each length that are joined so that it's a single piece but you can cut them if you need to to access the pump.

I'll get the scales out but weight feels to be as advertised.

Will do a test fit when I can and update with more photos showing fitment.

great! Thanks for posing pics, just waiting to order it once you confirm fitment as mine has all but flaked off LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

great! Thanks for posing pics, just waiting to order it once you confirm fitment as mine has all but flaked off LOL.
                              I'm not going to be able to fully confirm until the weekend as will need to remove the folding backs etc to fit it properly, a quick test looks good, it looks like it will fit as expected. Only thing I'm not super sure about is the isofix fittings and whether they fit in the existing cutouts, not 100% sure either way at this point.

Resting it against the seat foam it matches well, the sides align correctly, it's moulded to the same shape etc. so I'm confident that the part fits, just not 100% sure on the isofix and the bit that goes underneath the seat back without pulling it all out and fitting it properly.

Will update on the weekend once I've properly test fitted.

Build Thread:

Comment

I'm not going to be able to fully confirm until the weekend as will need to remove the folding backs etc to fit it properly, a quick test looks good, it looks like it will fit as expected. Only thing I'm not super sure about is the isofix fittings and whether they fit in the existing cutouts, not 100% sure either way at this point.

Resting it against the seat foam it matches well, the sides align correctly, it's moulded to the same shape etc. so I'm confident that the part fits, just not 100% sure on the isofix and the bit that goes underneath the seat back without pulling it all out and fitting it properly.

Will update on the weekend once I've properly test fitted.

Excellent Looks good. I have a full OE CSL interior so I dont care about the isofix parts LOL. Thanks again and look forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X