No announcement yet.

Rear seat sound insulation part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The E90 part might be a better choice - 51487058128. Hump in the middle is flatter and it looks bigger than the one from the E82, which is good since there's some trimming required anyway. Realoem says that one is 1.025 kg.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      Well it sorta fits:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230709_192815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	224888

There's a raised portion in the middle that flattens out easily and some trimming is required for clearance around the seat back and belts. But overall fits pretty decent.

Also weighed in at 2 lbs, so slightly lighter than what realoem says. Will only get lighter after trimming
      Thanks for this - the piece certainly looks to be very similar in material to the “759” part number. I think I'm going to order 759 and see how it works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

Thanks for this - the piece certainly looks to be very similar in material to the “759” part number. I think I'm going to order 759 and see how it works for me

Awesome, keep us posted. The 759 part is definitely the best option. What's appealing to me about the E90/E82 parts is that they'll be dirt cheap at a junkyard.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

pulled the rear seat and the sound deadening was destroyed...thought about dynamat, but I hate doing that crap. found this thread and noticed there hasn't been an update yet...just ordered the part, will update you when it comes in...looks like a month

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear seats 3.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	240682
          Attached Files
          /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
            pulled the rear seat and the sound deadening was destroyed...thought about dynamat, but I hate doing that crap. found this thread and noticed there hasn't been an update yet...just ordered the part, will update you when it comes in...looks like a month

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear seats 3.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	240682
            Haha I'll be providing an update soon - ordered mine a few weeks ago :-)

Build Thread:

Comment

nice! it's gotta be better than putting on dynamat. i've done it many times, and i just hate it lol

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

nice! it's gotta be better than putting on dynamat. i've done it many times, and i just hate it lol
                Yeah I'm the same as you - I could dynamat it, but then it's not a genuine solution, and also a lot of work. Dynamat isn't cheap anyway so I figured, like you, that it was the best option haha.

Build Thread:

Comment

Personally, I think dynamat gets way overused. It’s not sound insulation, it is heavy, and removing it is terrible.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                    Personally, I think dynamat gets way overused. It’s not sound insulation, it is heavy, and removing it is terrible.
                    I've never had to remove any, I bet it can be a real nightmare.

I'm guilty of the overuse part in the past, and it's really easy to go overboard on it when you buy the bulk pack. You start hunting for spots to apply lol.

And now, it looks like they are making liners that go on top of the original dynamat.

Comment

The yoga mats I mentioned up above work pretty well. I've used them in other vehicles and they do wonders if you're smart about their use. Plus they are easy to cut to size also help with dampening vibration some (what dynamat does) when you compression fit them.

It's not a genuine BMW product, but unless the judge starts to disassemble your car at the concours, you probably won't get hit with demerits.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Kind of funny how excited I am for this.

Please post pics when it arrives!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                          Well it sorta fits:

Click image for larger version Name:	20230709_192815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	224888

There's a raised portion in the middle that flattens out easily and some trimming is required for clearance around the seat back and belts. But overall fits pretty decent.

Also weighed in at 2 lbs, so slightly lighter than what realoem says. Will only get lighter after trimming
                          I saw an E46 Compact the other day at the junkyard, without rear seats, it had this piece pictured fitted, so I suppose it is originally for a Compact.
                          E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                          E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                          E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                            The yoga mats I mentioned up above work pretty well. I've used them in other vehicles and they do wonders if you're smart about their use. Plus they are easy to cut to size also help with dampening vibration some (what dynamat does) when you compression fit them.

It's not a genuine BMW product, but unless the judge starts to disassemble your car at the concours, you probably won't get hit with demerits.
                            For sure - appreciate what you're saying and indeed I acknowledged in my original post that in absolute terms a solution such as what you suggest is probably best. What interests me most about this is that this part number exists which seemingly none of us really know much about (which doesn't happen very often with this platform these days). Appreciate that I'm in the minority in being so particular about having a "genuine" product, I am well aware it's a bit dumb, but oh well 😅
                            Build Thread:

Comment

Got a notification that it's in-country with Customs now so hopefully get it in the next week or so! Will post photos when I get it

Build Thread:

Comment

For sure - appreciate what you're saying and indeed I acknowledged in my original post that in absolute terms a solution such as what you suggest is probably best. What interests me most about this is that this part number exists which seemingly none of us really know much about (which doesn't happen very often with this platform these days). Appreciate that I'm in the minority in being so particular about having a "genuine" product, I am well aware it's a bit dumb, but oh well 😅
                                Oh I completely get it! There are some things I'm not willing to compromise on. Some things I clearly am willing to though.

My comment wasn't really directed at you or anyone else in this thread. It was merely to offer up an alternative approach that worked well for me. If my comment landed like a turd in the punch bowl, it wasn't my intention! There are likely others reading this thread that aren't posting (cause they haven't joined the forum... shameful) and they may get value out of my non-sanctioned approach.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X