Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are we going to source slicktop headliners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
    Carbon fiber slicktop headliners. Would this cost more than the carbon roof?
    Probably not. It wouldn't need to be nearly as thick. Just a few layers of carbon should be enough to hold the roof above your head.
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Where are you located? There are 3D scanning companies that can do it for a pretty nominal fee. If you are in LA by chance I know a few people.
      DC area.
      Local university engineering department appears to have a scanning service. Not sure if they consider it as a proprietary and copyrighted. I'll email them and ask.
      Any other suggestions welcome.

edit: Is the headliner backing fiberglass or cardboard? I haven't taken mine down yet to look.
      Last edited by elbert; 09-27-2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        Part support is the main reason I'm selling our e39 M5. It's getting sketchy out there.

I'm not really sure why they're doing it. A friend of mine that works for BMWNA told me that parts is ~25% of their revenue, and more of profit. Do they think people are going to buy new BMWs if part support dries up for the old ones? I know nothing they make today interests me in the slightest, so they'll just lose my parts money if they stop making parts.

... at least they sold a shit ton of e46 M3s, so for most things there will likely be an aftermarket solution.
        curious what parts are NLA that's causing you to walk away?

sad situation

Comment

In a state of insomnia around 5am this morning I was scouring the interwebs as I typically do in search of this mythical headliner and I think I may have found a solution...

I forgot that eBay and some other big e-commerce sites have different portals for their websites to limit international shipping since most items are purchased for domestic use no matter where you are in the world.

I decided to use the UK eBay site/portal and bingo. There are quite a few slicktop headliners...almost all will not ship internationally or have it set up that way unfortunately. I'm in the process of contacting some of them to see if I can pay extra to ship to US.

One user is trying to sell his slicktop headliner for like $10 euro

/// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

The guy I bought my hood from said they shipped it in a bicycle box, maybe you can look into that. The weight of a headliner is nice and low. Probably going to cost a couple hundred bucks to ship still just because of the size.
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I’m with 2M Autowerks and we are currently manufacturing E46 coupe euro headliners wrapped with oem style material or alcantara…(thanks to Nate Hassler, Nate047) we are already in production and should have the first batch done in about 2-3 weeks.

Msg me to pre order

Info@2mautowerks.com
              Ig: @2M_Autowerks
              Txt: 858-536-2886​
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X