Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering M3 Parts: How Is It That ECS Stays In Business ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also confirmed today Turner is just as garbage. I ordered new headlight lenses, which they said they had in stock. ONE side shipped but the other didn't. When I called to check on it today they're telling me that the order is cancelled from the producer and they aren't getting a new batch in. They suggested an alternative which is $60 more. I really don't want to go through the hassle of shipping one side back. If the lenses don't match I'm going to be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
      Also confirmed today Turner is just as garbage. I ordered new headlight lenses, which they said they had in stock. ONE side shipped but the other didn't. When I called to check on it today they're telling me that the order is cancelled from the producer and they aren't getting a new batch in. They suggested an alternative which is $60 more. I really don't want to go through the hassle of shipping one side back. If the lenses don't match I'm going to be pissed.
      Turner is ECS these days.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I've had... mixed experience with ECS, centering on their "Turner Motorsport" Hybrid camber plates (really an ECS product that they slapped the TMS brand on).

Overview / BLUF Mods: - Öhlins Road & Track coilover dampers, stock valving - Swift springs in stock Öhlins R&T rates (60 N/mm front, 120 N/mm rear) - Turner Motorsport Hybrid camber plates (adapted by 3DM Motorsport) - Syncro Design Works front tension arm monoball kit (pressed into new TRW arms) I installed

At some point in the last 3 years, the kit seems to have undergone changes that rendered it useless. Having recently purchased a set to replace the ones I got back in 2019, I got to be among the first to find out: https://youtu.be/rgKBtxi5O_c For the record, ECS was quick to make me whole after I told them about all this,

It's a great product in concept, and good in execution. But it has had some weird and inexplicable flaws – like, really junior-grade stuff – that ECS apparently doesn't seem to care enough to own up to.

On the customer service side, there are people who really know their stuff and can help. But getting to them requires wading through a sea of amateurs who apparently feel like they have better things to do.

OTOH, my experience with FCP Euro has been basically 100% positive.
        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
        Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
        Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

This has not been my experience. Here is my last order from FCP for over $1700. All parts listed as in stock at the time I ordered and the free option selected for shipping:
          Were there Genuine BMW parts in that order?

What I've noticed with FCP is that factory parts usually adds an extra 2 to 3 days. It's in stock, but at their supplier (not sure if they source parts from BMW directly or a dealer).
          Anything else will take less time, usually shipping within a day or so, even with the free shipping option. IME

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Were there Genuine BMW parts in that order?

What I've noticed with FCP is that factory parts usually adds an extra 2 to 3 days. It's in stock, but at their supplier (not sure if they source parts from BMW directly or a dealer).
            Anything else will take less time, usually shipping within a day or so, even with the free shipping option. IME
            I agree with the OEM parts. The oil filter and cabin filter for my 2022 X5 was a 2 day wait. It actually became a 1 day wait and the parts shipped out today.

I like to do “in between” oil and filter changes from when the dealer gives me free ones. FCPs lifetime replacement is a huge help with this.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post
              They source a lot from... at least one dealership that I'm aware of.
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                Whenever I've contacted ECS in the past it sounds like I am chatting with some young kid.
                That's because you are. I've picked up at their Akron location before and it's all 20 somethings working the call center!

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post
                  That's because you are. I've picked up at their Akron location before and it's all 20 somethings working the call center!
                  I guess that explains the guy who told me KMAC's metal-on-metal monoball camber plate might be a more street-friendly alternative to the TMS Hybrid.
                  2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

My FCP order for my X5 goodies shipped out today (Thursday) and will arrive tomorrow (Friday) as per UPS tracking. I’ll agree with the above statement regarding overnight shipping from FCP. I waited a business day for them to get the OEM oil filter and the cabin filter, but it’s nice to know I’ll be able to tackle this on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

ECS is horrible. I ordered new wipers based on what they said would fit. They didn't. They refused to exchange them because I had to have an E9X since it's an '06, so I must have ordered the wrong part. Like... what?

Comment

I would like to add another vendor to the drawing board. Thebmwminipartstore had never let me down in 10+ years that I’ve been doing business with them. Very fair pricing, coupon codes always work, and in-stock items always ship quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
                          I would like to add another vendor to the drawing board. Thebmwminipartstore had never let me down in 10+ years that I’ve been doing business with them. Very fair pricing, coupon codes always work, and in-stock items always ship quickly.
                          Love em

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                            Re: merc parts from Keyes in Van Nuys are anywhere from 10-20% off of list and cheaper than fcp/autohaus.
                            Brah it's Keyes ON Van Nuys, don't act like you don't remember that song
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Brah it's Keyes ON Van Nuys, don't act like you don't remember that song
                              It was playing in my head when I was typing it but didn't make sense to type that for others to read.

Keyes keyes keyes 😂 😂 😂
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I thought ECS was short for Excellent Customer Service ?
                                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X