Questions About Recaro Sportster CS Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You haven't really described any complete mounting solution. That said, it should not be a problem to get the seat 1-2cm lower than stock with most solutions on the market. I suspect if you only want it to be that much lower, you're going to have more issues with the seat being too low than too high.
    Iam still looking into it.. But i think i will use stock runners from manual non M E46 seats with.. i have not decided yet what mounts.. bottom mounts for sure but don't know which one yet..
    No, it's not my aim being low, just lower a bit than stock seats, so that i will be ok when i wear a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

The E39 pads are compatible. Some local guys have used them in their Nogaros successfully (or at least that’s what HMS told me). I just got my seats in finally with integrated E39 pads. They’re not cheap though.
      Are these the E39 pads that were installed in yours: https://www.bmwpartsdeal.com/parts-l...t_heating.html ?

Are they plug and play with the OE harness or did they have to make any modifications? I'm looking to use the E39 pads with some Pole Position ABEs.
      2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by su45 View Post

Are these the E39 pads that were installed in yours: https://www.bmwpartsdeal.com/parts-l...t_heating.html ?

Are they plug and play with the OE harness or did they have to make any modifications? I'm looking to use the E39 pads with some Pole Position ABEs.
        Yeah, one of each of those in each seat. Pretty sure they will plug right into the harness but I have not installed my seats yet. All information I could find beforehand indicated that they will.

Those are decent prices too, only a few bucks more than I paid from Schmiedmann last year.

Comment

I really feel like it's worth buying a used non M seat. They're dirt cheap and have all the donor parts needed-- seat heater pads, sliders, seat side plug, etc. $25 per seat at my local junk yard.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

$25 per seat at my local junk yard.
            how are you guys extracting these seats from junk yard cars? for powered seats, you have to move the seat fore and aft to access the bolts but the cars at the junk yard don't have any power on them

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

how are you guys extracting these seats from junk yard cars? for powered seats, you have to move the seat fore and aft to access the bolts but the cars at the junk yard don't have any power on them

I bought a tiny 12v battery at the hardware store for just this purpose.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

ahh that explains it. i ended up popping in every time my local junk yard got a new car until one came in that had it's seat right in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by Checkabs View Post
                  So it looks like AMX is saying that the heating pads have resistors in them for the e46 M3.
                  Just wanted to follow up and see if your were able to get the heated seat function to work with the OEM controls. I'm considering the AMX seats and wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any issues with that heated seat setup.
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

What bracket do you guys used to bolts the OEM belt buckle with sensor when using VAC Motorsport floor mounts and Recaro sliders with Sportster CS?

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                      What bracket do you guys used to bolts the OEM belt buckle with sensor when using VAC Motorsport floor mounts and Recaro sliders with Sportster CS?
                      EAS sells a bracket for the oe receptacle that works with your setup under their house brand Macht Schnell. I have an extra set laying around, pm if you want it

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                        I wouldn’t use the VAC floor adapters or RECARO sliders.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Bumping this, as I’m getting closer to pulling the trigger on the CS seats.

What is the best option for seat mounts if I want to retain height adjustment with the CS? Will the OEM adapter work with the CS seat? Or is there a way to keep the OEM 3-way adjustment mechanism?
                          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I don’t believe there’s any way to retain adjustable height.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I don’t believe there’s any way to retain adjustable height.
                              So if I used the BK adapters either OEM sliders, how do I adjust the fixed height setting? Some sort of spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

So if I used the BK adapters either OEM sliders, how do I adjust the fixed height setting? Some sort of spacers?
                                Yeah, they come with spacers to set the height.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X