Questions About Recaro Sportster CS Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

So if I used the BK adapters either OEM sliders, how do I adjust the fixed height setting? Some sort of spacers?
    if you go with BK/oe sliders i'd start with no spacers at first. at 5'10 running this setup it sits a little on the high side to me

when i ran my sportsters with the swiss cheese plates and recaro sliders i felt it was a little too low. ultimately decided to stick with the BK setup

Comment

Are these more comfortable than oem seats or not?
      I can understand they hold you better especially when oem seats don't have lumbar support.

Comment

Originally posted by zaharias View Post
        Are these more comfortable than oem seats or not?
        I can understand they hold you better especially when oem seats don't have lumbar support.
        i've personally never found the OE front seats to be anywhere near comfortable. switching to the sportsters solved that for me. they are great DD seats. not sure what lumbar support has to do with holding you in a seat, but the lateral support of the sportsters is similar to OE.

particularly with seats, you should try before you buy
        Last edited by usdmej; 12-14-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah. I don’t particularly find the CS’s more supportive or more comfortable than stock— try before you buy and make sure they’re good for your body type. And unless you’re a midget, don’t expect to use the harness holes on the CS.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that oem seats without the lumbar support on long drives are responsible for low back ache and i feel so,since mine doesnt have. Also somtimes i slip on the seat. Ive got a pair of sportsters CS retrimmed in cinnamon, i ve got BK mounts, oem manual sliders and an occupancy sensor bypass and want to fit them.
            They look and feel comfy, i fit nice, i feel they support me better than my oem ones, but i just wanted to ask those that went from stock to sportsters CS, how is the back on long drives..

Comment

i just wanted to ask those that went from stock to sportsters CS, how is the back on long drives..

i acutally felt the stock seats had too much lumbar support and it contributed to my back being wrecked on long drives (3+hours). the sportsters i don't have that issue with.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that oem seats without the lumbar support on long drives are responsible for low back ache and i feel so,since mine doesnt have. Also somtimes i slip on the seat. Ive got a pair of sportsters CS retrimmed in cinnamon, i ve got BK mounts, oem manual sliders and an occupancy sensor bypass and want to fit them.
                They look and feel comfy, i fit nice, i feel they support me better than my oem ones, but i just wanted to ask those that went from stock to sportsters CS, how is the back on long drives..
                Echoing what usdmej is saying above - Sportster CS' have superior comfort especially on long drives in my experience.

For context, my car came with manual seats. I had chronic butt/lower back pain due to too much lumbar support (had a couple 3-4 hour drives).

When I upgraded to Sportster CS in 2021, I made 4x trips which were reach well over 4.5 hour drives each way (so 8x 4.5-5.5 hour sessions in the Sportster CS). Zero lower back or butt pain. To be honest I wasn't expecting them to be so comfortable on long drives.

Haven't shared any pictures but just for shits and giggles - got custom ones upholstered from AMX. Highly recommend AMX and hope to use them again for future custom Recaros. First pics were the ones they took before they shipped them from Germany, second one is after I installed them. My E46 M3 is my only car - I use these seats for DD duty:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8998.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	147070
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4274.JPG
Views:	650
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	147071
                Last edited by BBB; 01-06-2022, 09:53 PM. Reason: Fix broken images
                Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post

Echoing what usdmej is saying above - Sportster CS' have superior comfort especially on long drives in my experience.

For context, my car came with manual seats. I had chronic butt/lower back pain due to too much lumbar support (had a couple 3-4 hour drives).

When I upgraded to Sportster CS in 2021, I made 4x trips which were reach well over 4.5 hour drives each way (so 8x 4.5-5.5 hour sessions in the Sportster CS). Zero lower back or butt pain. To be honest I wasn't expecting them to be so comfortable on long drives.

Haven't shared any pictures but just for shits and giggles - got custom ones upholstered from AMX. Highly recommend AMX and hope to use them again for future custom Recaros. First pics were the ones they took before they shipped them from Germany, second one is after I installed them. My E46 M3 is my only car - I use these seats for DD duty:

Really great to hear that you like them so much. Curious if you had AMX integrate the heated seat option that work with OEM console controls.

Also, which mounts did you end up using?
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Really great to hear that you like them so much. Curious if you had AMX integrate the heated seat option that work with OEM console controls.

Also, which mounts did you end up using?
                    Used BK mounts with OEM sliders - I'm shorter so I wanted to sit a bit higher (common reviews say Recaro sliders sit low).

I never use heated seats - my car is garaged and SF doesn't get too cold. I had them install OEM seat sensors and omit the heated seats.

Also fixed the previous post since the images were broken!

Comment

Thanks usdmej & BBB!!
                      I also bought BK mounts with OEM sliders from manual non M E46 and want to fit them when i have some free time.

Comment

Do I need anything else to fit them?

Comment

Nice! Please report back with your thoughts on this setup. I’m planning to use the BK mounts as well.

Why is that connector? OEM controls for heated seats? Occupancy sensor?
                          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Nice! Please report back with your thoughts on this setup. I’m planning to use the BK mounts as well.

Why is that connector? OEM controls for heated seats? Occupancy sensor?
                            Thanks.
                            I will.
                            Yes it’s occupancy sensor until I code the airbag.
                            I don’t have heated seats.

Comment

Thanks.
                              I will.
                              Yes it’s occupancy sensor until I code the airbag.
                              I don’t have heated seats.
                              Nice color for the Sportsters, looks great.

I did find that my kit was missing 8x bolts that were required to bolt the BK mounts to the OEM Sliders. Additionally, since I bought my Sportsters from a custom upholsterer, the main "triple square torx" bolt that attaches at the hinge point for the seat back/seat bottoms for my CSs was not the same size (one of them was not a "riple square torx). So my recommendations are
                              1. Double check the hinge torx/bolts for both seats first (2x/seat so 4x total) before complete assembly. Be sure you have the correct socket head/tool in case you need to detach/reattach (my seat came completely disassembled). Looks like you should be okay, but would be helpful to know if you wanted to eventually add the passenger occupancy seat pad to the seat.
                              2. Mock up 1) the OEM sliders to 2) the BK seat mounts and count your bolts to make sure you have enough. They do provide the correct sized bolt, so you can bring that one to the store to double check the thread size.

Other than that, take your time! It may help to have an extra set of hands for one part of the reassembly.
                              Last edited by BBB; 01-13-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post

Nice color for the Sportsters, looks great.

I did find that my kit was missing 8x bolts that were required to bolt the BK mounts to the OEM Sliders. Additionally, since I bought my Sportsters from a custom upholsterer, the main "triple square torx" bolt that attaches at the hinge point for the seat back/seat bottoms for my CSs was not the same size (one of them was not a "riple square torx). So my recommendations are
                                1. Double check the hinge torx/bolts for both seats first (2x/seat so 4x total) before complete assembly. Be sure you have the correct socket head/tool in case you need to detach/reattach (my seat came completely disassembled). Looks like you should be okay, but would be helpful to know if you wanted to eventually add the passenger occupancy seat pad to the seat.
                                2. Mock up 1) the OEM sliders to 2) the BK seat mounts and count your bolts to make sure you have enough. They do provide the correct sized bolt, so you can bring that one to the store to double check the thread size.

Other than that, take your time! It may help to have an extra set of hands for one part of the reassembly.
                                Any issues with fitment of the BK sliders with alignment to holes or anything like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X