Questions About Recaro Sportster CS Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBB View Post

Nice color for the Sportsters, looks great.

I did find that my kit was missing 8x bolts that were required to bolt the BK mounts to the OEM Sliders. Additionally, since I bought my Sportsters from a custom upholsterer, the main "triple square torx" bolt that attaches at the hinge point for the seat back/seat bottoms for my CSs was not the same size (one of them was not a "riple square torx). So my recommendations are
    1. Double check the hinge torx/bolts for both seats first (2x/seat so 4x total) before complete assembly. Be sure you have the correct socket head/tool in case you need to detach/reattach (my seat came completely disassembled). Looks like you should be okay, but would be helpful to know if you wanted to eventually add the passenger occupancy seat pad to the seat.
    2. Mock up 1) the OEM sliders to 2) the BK seat mounts and count your bolts to make sure you have enough. They do provide the correct sized bolt, so you can bring that one to the store to double check the thread size.

Other than that, take your time! It may help to have an extra set of hands for one part of the reassembly.
    Thanks mate!
    Do you remember the bolt specs so that i can go buy and have some? You mean these bolts that the size depends on the spacer you use? (i read that in the BK instructions).
    Many thanks for the info & tips!!

Comment

Originally posted by zaharias View Post

Thanks mate!
      Do you remember the bolt specs so that i can go buy and have some? You mean these bolts that the size depends on the spacer you use? (i read that in the BK instructions).
      Many thanks for the info & tips!!
      Unfortunately I don't recall... but you'll know which ones because they secure the mounts to the sliders. They use that same size for a few of the other threads in the assembly.
      Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow! Perfect interior…maybe i missed it earlier in the thread but did you order them in that colour or have them recovered?? If they’re recovered, where’d you source the leather from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramps View Post

Wow! Perfect interior…maybe i missed it earlier in the thread but did you order them in that colour or have them recovered?? If they’re recovered, where’d you source the leather from?
              thanks
              Retrimed here in Greece.
              Found same leather as oem.

Comment

thanks
                Retrimed here in Greece.
                Found same leather as oem.
                Hard to tell from a photo but looks like they got it pretty good. Rarely does a full retrimmed seat look right, but yours do.

Comment

Has anyone successfully used these on a cabrio? Any other seat on a cabrio for that matter ? I understand the cab seat’s seatbelt is attached to the seat itself hidden behind a plastic panel but couldn’t one attach that to a fabricated bracket behind the seat ? Replicating a similar setup and going through the seatbelt opening? Is it a technical issue or a legal one ? Just curious - never saw any setup for a cab. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Hard to tell from a photo but looks like they got it pretty good. Rarely does a full retrimmed seat look right, but yours do.
                    I send him the rear middle headrest and found the same leather in a shop in Athens.
                    see here the color match

Comment

Bad ass, those look fire 🔥
                      Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

I need a seat that holds me better on track days. But I still daily the car in the summer. Will these sportsters hold me in better than oem seats? Similar to pole positions maybe? Or no?

Comment

Originally posted by rkneeshaw View Post
                          I need a seat that holds me better on track days. But I still daily the car in the summer. Will these sportsters hold me in better than oem seats? Similar to pole positions maybe? Or no?
                          Best seat for that is the Cobra Nogaro

Comment

Originally posted by rkneeshaw View Post
                            Better? Yes. Similar to pole positions? No.

I've always thought sportsters were a bit meh in terms of performance. Look nice though.
                            Last edited by Thoglan; 04-18-2022, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Better? Yes. Similar to pole positions? No.

I've always thought sportsters were a bit meh in terms of performance. Look nice though.
                              100% agreed. They're slighter better than stock (slightly lighter, slightly more supportive) and much better looking.

If you want zero compromises, the CS's are that. But, if the stock seats aren't supportive enough for you, or if you're looking for real weight savings, or if you want to be able to use harnesses properly... they're not that.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Do the CS's have a quick release forward tilt similar to the stock seat mechanism? Or are you forced to crank the knob at the base 1/8" of tilt at a time? If so, hardly seems worth it versus a fixed back because in practice they are no more useful. Currently I use my back seat to transport my track wheels when I autocross, so I really use the quick release tilt (also for kiddos riding in the back as well).
                                2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X