Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlimited Money-What is your first move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Full weight/interior street car S85 touring with 6MT and AC

Similar same setup but S54 and not corner balanced.

************************​ IIRC the fuel tanks were 4-5 gallons different in fill quantity.

IMO the biggest challenge is the steering shaft, it goes right through some exhaust port outlets. DME's can now be CAS deleted to run stand alone. But running an MSS65 DME and stock cluster is still a challenge, Awron has a solution, but I'm not sure its the best route. Put a datalogger/dash in it though and problem solved.
    Hey George, did your shop put that S85 in there?
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Hey George, did your shop put that S85 in there?
      Yes and No, lol. It was built by another shop and never really "completed." It did run and drive but not when it came to me. I've been sorting it out for a while now and its just about to get what might be the last piece of the puzzle. I've pretty much re-engineered everything in the swap other than a couple items, but the car is most definitely not the same car that showed up. Awhile back we chatted about me buying it from him and he told me no because I could build a better one from scratch lol. The owner is a huge enthusiast and we both have learned a lot about this combo from his car over the years I've got some ideas I want to try but it would be to much work to implement on his car at this point... which is why I just bought an S85 for myself

Oh ya this is the noise we are hoping for (we are working on ideas to make it more glorious too).
      196 likes, 5 comments - v10touring on June 20, 2020: "Thanks @hillperformancebimmers for the flyby video...:. And making the car work/run/drive 😆"
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

I have almost every part I could want for this car so it would have to be a properly engineered rear axle carrier and panel from the factory.

Having a boat somewhere off the south coast of France with some models onboard ain't too shabby of an idea either.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

The e46 carbon monocoque SLON is working on.

Pretty sure that one is otherwise going to be outside of my budget.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Yes and No, lol. It was built by another shop and never really "completed." It did run and drive but not when it came to me. I've been sorting it out for a while now and its just about to get what might be the last piece of the puzzle. I've pretty much re-engineered everything in the swap other than a couple items, but the car is most definitely not the same car that showed up. Awhile back we chatted about me buying it from him and he told me no because I could build a better one from scratch lol. The owner is a huge enthusiast and we both have learned a lot about this combo from his car over the years I've got some ideas I want to try but it would be to much work to implement on his car at this point... which is why I just bought an S85 for myself

Oh ya this is the noise we are hoping for (we are working on ideas to make it more glorious too).
            https://www.instagram.com/p/CBrI0XZnY-Y/
            What’s a rough estimate to do a proper swap, assuming I provide the chassis and motor and you provide the custom parts and labor? Within a band of +/- 25% is fine - I won’t hold you to it 😀

Comment

Originally posted by nyc951 View Post

What’s a rough estimate to do a proper swap, assuming I provide the chassis and motor and you provide the custom parts and labor? Within a band of +/- 25% is fine - I won’t hold you to it 😀
              To many variables, really hard to state a number like that. And also know that these swaps aren't 100% perfect, they won't be like a stock car in all aspects.

I'm hoping to do more and develop some specific parts so they can become like OE, but its like the S65 turner built. I'm sure they went into it with the idea they could turn it into a kit... and then they didn't so keep that in mind too.

*I also want to develop some S65 swaps, nothing wrong with that engine either
              '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Comment

To many variables, really hard to state a number like that. And also know that these swaps aren't 100% perfect, they won't be like a stock car in all aspects.

I'm hoping to do more and develop some specific parts so they can become like OE, but its like the S65 turner built. I'm sure they went into it with the idea they could turn it into a kit... and then they didn't so keep that in mind too.

*I also want to develop some S65 swaps, nothing wrong with that engine either
                I wish you'd work on S62 swaps. S62 with cams is a GREAT engine.

Same ECU as S54, so should be reasonably electronically plug and play.

SuperSprint already makes s62 e46 exhaust components, to make that aspect reasonably plug and play.

I think there potential for a viable, real world, like stock kit there!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

SuperSprint already makes s62 e46 exhaust components, to make that aspect reasonably plug and play.

I've been considering an S62 build for a while for my M5.

It's very hard to see the value over an LS other than keeping it with BMW.

But this is the if money was unlimited thread lol.

My ideal S62 in my M5 would be:

Sleeved
                  Higher CP
                  Lighter Forged Internals
                  Piston Rings that actually seal
                  Cammed with a redline of 7500
                  Ported ITBs
                  Jed's flywheel
                  Jedders
                  Dry Sump

I'm guessing that's about 40k in an S62.
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I'm building an E39 S62 touring right now. The biggest problem with S62 swaps in an E46 is they don't clear the brake booster. I haven't seen anyone do them without a pedal box... so that in my mind is a non starter for a street car conversion.

*Edit, besides S62s aren't cheap either. Other than the potential for electronics integration being easier I'm not sure its a better option than an S65/85 especially considering cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

I've been considering an S62 build for a while for my M5.

It's very hard to see the value over an LS other than keeping it with BMW.

But this is the if money was unlimited thread lol.

My ideal S62 in my M5 would be:

Sleeved
                      Higher CP
                      Lighter Forged Internals
                      Piston Rings that actually seal
                      Cammed with a redline of 7500
                      Ported ITBs
                      Jed's flywheel
                      Jedders
                      Dry Sump

I'm guessing that's about 40k in an S62.
                      The upside over LS is cluster, cruise control, idiot lights, HVAC, etc functioning.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I'm building an E39 S62 touring right now. The biggest problem with S62 swaps in an E46 is they don't clear the brake booster. I haven't seen anyone do them without a pedal box... so that in my mind is a non starter for a street car conversion.

*Edit, besides S62s aren't cheap either. Other than the potential for electronics integration being easier I'm not sure its a better option than an S65/85 especially considering cost.
                        BMW did it somehow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_PR_9470.jpg?w=976&h=549.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	240451

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

The upside over LS is cluster, cruise control, idiot lights, HVAC, etc functioning.

I believe CANTrolls has all of that working with their interface box.

BMW did it somehow.
                          Looks like a MK20 car.

Do you have anymore info on this setup, would love to see it.

Comment

I believe CANTrolls has all of that working with their interface box.

Looks like a MK20 car.

Do you have anymore info on this setup, would love to see it.
                            MaxECU has 100% e46 CAN Integration.

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post

MaxECU has 100% e46 CAN Integration.
                              Lots of options if you want to get away from stock, I don't want to run an aftermarket DME on a street car swap... I imagine that is what Obioban would prefer too.

Comment

Lots of options if you want to get away from stock, I don't want to run an aftermarket DME on a street car swap... I imagine that is what Obioban would prefer too.
                                Understood. I would have said/want the same thing 3yrs ago. Maxecu is far superior than the stock ECU or any other ECU when it comes BMW CAN Integration. Not to mention their amazing customer services than can write literally a CAN function if its not available.

Hopefully ill get to build my dream in the e46 in the next few year it will definitely be running MaxECU not that dinosaur brick .

Comment

Working...
                                X