• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep finding part # 7632 and hopefully this works as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Awesome post! Thank you for all the data. Would the shop you used do this for us if we shipped them the DS and parts?
      Yes, I think they would. Ask for Rob at Nassau Driveshaft located at 2279 Babylon Turnpike, Merrick, NY 11566, tell him John sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1spool View Post

Yes, I think they would. Ask for Rob at Nassau Driveshaft located at 2279 Babylon Turnpike, Merrick, NY 11566, tell him John sent you.
        Seems like this should be simple for any competent shop now with this version, no? Hopefully so, I just ordered one and would prefer not to send it off again

Comment

Awesome! Thank you!!!

Comment

Installation went well, it really was a breeze. Could not be happier with my decision to opt for the telescoping slip-on joint flange, it was so easy to get the driveshaft into place. Everything else was very straight forward, typical driveshaft job. Only thing that's different is I decided to leave the heat shield off-- a quick fitment check revealed that it's going to be a choice between constant rubbing on the driveshaft being that it's got a larger diameter than stock or an occassional rattle against the exhaust and I wanted to deal with neither of those.

As far as driving impressions go, I can't pretend the car feels night-and-day different, it really doesn't đŸ˜‚ but I am happy to have rid myself of and never have to worry about the center support bearing ever again. Was a fun project, I recommend to anyone who is looking for something to do to their E46, especially if their CSB is giving issues.

Comment

You can't tell any difference in engagement?

Comment

Installation went well, it really was a breeze. Could not be happier with my decision to opt for the telescoping slip-on joint flange, it was so easy to get the driveshaft into place. Everything else was very straight forward, typical driveshaft job. Only thing that's different is I decided to leave the heat shield off-- a quick fitment check revealed that it's going to be a choice between constant rubbing on the driveshaft being that it's got a larger diameter than stock or an occassional rattle against the exhaust and I wanted to deal with neither of those.

As far as driving impressions go, I can't pretend the car feels night-and-day different, it really doesn't đŸ˜‚ but I am happy to have rid myself of and never have to worry about the center support bearing ever again. Was a fun project, I recommend to anyone who is looking for something to do to their E46, especially if their CSB is giving issues.
                Thanks for coming back nd posting your feedback. Do you have an SMG or 6MT?

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Altaran's worked fine, I got mine re-shortened to the proper length, just haven't reinstalled it yet. I haven't driven my E46 in 3 months so once I get it back on the road I'll resume testing.
                  Did your revised, shortened driveshaft allow you to install without loosening the diff?

Comment

So this DS will rub on something or it won't?

Comment

Originally posted by sdwz_m3 View Post

Did your revised, shortened driveshaft allow you to install without loosening the diff?
                      Haven't reinstalled it, car has been in the garage for months. I'm guessing the diff still has to be loosened.
                      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Thanks for coming back nd posting your feedback. Do you have an SMG or 6MT?
                        6MT

Comment

Originally posted by sdwz_m3 View Post

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                            So this DS will rub on something or it won't?
                            No rubbing.

Comment

No rubbing.
                              No rubbing, if you remove the heat shield.
                              Or you revisited your initial install and are now running the heat shield?

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

No rubbing, if you remove the heat shield.
                                Or you revisited your initial install and are now running the heat shield?

Yes that’s correct, no heat shield.

Comment

Working...
                                X