No announcement yet.

F8X M3/M4 CF Drive shaft mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a spare one of these sitting around from my m3 touring build. I’d love to have it shipped and modified. Please post shops that are open to do the work/price

Comment

If anyone needs these locally in SoCal, I will have some available for pickup.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Just bought one myself from eBay! $300 mwhahahahahaha. I'm almost certain once it catches on, the resellers are going to jack up their prices to at least double. Another project for the M3 down the road, I got so much already to do.

Comment

hoping not to dampen the mood as the platform interchangeability and potentially low cost of this mod is very interesting

but having to drop your subframe just to install/remove a one piece driveshaft seems potentially really . . . . tedious

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
            hoping not to dampen the mood as the platform interchangeability and potentially low cost of this mod is very interesting

but having to drop your subframe just to install/remove a one piece driveshaft seems potentially really . . . . tedious
            You don't have to drop the subframe. Just loosen the diff mounts to be able to push back and fourth the diff.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
              You don't have to drop the subframe. Just loosen the diff mounts to be able to push back and fourth the diff.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
              Yep. Or just time it with a diff swap/upgrade, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Just loosen the differential and move it back, but yes no doubt it becomes a PITA anytime you're doing something which requires removing the driveshaft. The stock driveshaft is a breeze to remove.

Comment

Happily there not that many projects that need the driveshaft to come out. But, yeah—will be more of a pita.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

How does it work on F80s? Do they also have to move the diff back?

Edit: Ah, looks like there's enough slack in the F80 CV to push the driveshaft back and slide it off the transmission flange: https://youtu.be/lofGPVOPWPc&t=267
                    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 01-12-2024, 01:29 PM.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

If anyone has a contact for a trusted shop that can do this mod preferably in the NJ/PA/NY area please share.

Comment

Are there that many F80 M cars being dismantled? Where are these retailers getting these driveshafts from?

The Porsche 944 has a one piece driveshaft / torque tube - talk about a pain to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                          You putting one of these driveshafts on your turbo car? Curious to know how much power these driveshafts are good for!

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                            If you get a couple modified and batch order with your driveshaft shop, I’m game to cover your time/costs for at least two to make it worth your while. I’m in San Diego frequently.
                            Last edited by Bry5on; 01-13-2024, 09:27 AM.
                            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

If you get a couple modified and batch order with your driveshaft shop, I’m game to cover your time/costs for at least two to make it worth your while.
                              Depending on cost I may be in as well.

Comment

^ Same
                                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X