F8X M3/M4 CF Drive shaft mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Are you able to get the driveshaft registered on your papers? I only have a vague understanding of how TÜV works, and what's allowed as far as custom parts and repairs/upgrades vs tuning parts that are explicitly TÜV approved.
    I suppose you could get it in, since it's basically an OEM part and has a BMW part no on it, it's possible.

But that's not really an issue as the shaft is fully covered by other parts when installed.

I got stopped because my car has a big wing that catches their attention. It's in the papers, but he noticed a typo on the Airbox entry in the papers which is ridiculous. So now I am having that corrected and I should be good.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Just picked up a drive shaft too to see how this is done. Have a local shop that wants to see it recommended by my shop that I trust. Worst case scenario I'll just sell the shaft to one of you to do this if I can't find a shop willing to. Got it for $200.
      Last edited by simonnim; 03-02-2024, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240302_204830399.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	255799hhere we go!

Comment

Looking forward to some reviews!
          2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Which shop? I’m in NorCal too and about to submit the parts sheet and measurements from the picture here to JRL Machine & Driveline in Petaluma. Would love to hear some results as well.

Comment

Anyone know a shop in Jax that can do this mod as long as I have the measurements for smg lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheElite///M3 View Post
                Which shop? I’m in NorCal too and about to submit the parts sheet and measurements from the picture here to JRL Machine & Driveline in Petaluma. Would love to hear some results as well.
                You mean the sheet that said 53.875 total length and 3.250 from one flange point to the other?

Oh I just realized it has the part numbers for the parts used too. Shoot I'll just bring it there on Monday and see what they say.

I'll let you know the shop if they said they can do it.
                Last edited by simonnim; 03-03-2024, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Carbon driveshaft should be installed tomorrow. I wasn't able to use the lift I normally have access to, so that's why it took a long time. Will have a full driving impression by the end of tomorrow with luck.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

It's in. Driving impressions later tonight.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                      It's in. Driving impressions later tonight.
                      Yes! Thanks buddy.

Comment

My stock driveshaft is coming out tomorrow to confirm measurements against the sheet vs stock length/extended baseline. After that I must do the diff bushings etc so maybe another 2 weeks but hoping before Easter break.

get on eBay and snag ya driveshafts now boys!

Comment

For the ATL guys, there is a guy in ATLBIMMERS with (12) new f8x driveshafts for sale in Cumming. 750 obo
                          /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
                            For the ATL guys, there is a guy in ATLBIMMERS with (12) new f8x driveshafts for sale in Cumming. 750 obo
                            Nice rip off deal. They weren't more than $300 on eBay. What a shame.
                            Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 03-06-2024, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Nice rip off deal. They weren't more than $300 on eBay. What's a shame.
                              In all fairness, they are brand new
                              /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

In all fairness, they are brand new
                                Oh then that's a bargain.

Comment

Working...
                                X