Any reviews on DS WORKS braces, any experiences or issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

I think the reason the 6 point brace works is because the stresses that cause RACP failure are distributed through the floor and the whole brace, instead of just into the RACP as it would be if there was no brace in place. So the 4 points being bolted into the subframe mounting points and 2 points on the shock towers should be sufficient for most builds. Having a gusset cup type of pocket reinforcement in addition to the brace is a nice addition, but I don't think there's a single conclusive answer to say "yes" that's needed or "no" it's not. The harder your car is used, the more reinforcement is advisable, right? That's part of the reason why most cars that have full cages have the subframe points incorporated and welded into the cage design, in addition to of course rigidity.
    Makes sense, thanks! I suppose at the end of the day there will never be a true 1:1 comparison on the same chassis, but based on that reasoning all of these solutions should provide more than enough reinforcement for my street car. If I'm going to get all the way in there then why not go for the theoretical rigidity and racecar aesthetic 😏. The 6pt install also seems to require quite a bit less hacking in the trunk compared to the vincebar which I like.
    '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
    All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

The 6pt install also seems to require quite a bit less hacking in the trunk compared to the vincebar which I like.
      That's exactly why I've recently decided to go with a 6 point brace solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Working...
      X