• Show
Clear All

All of the DIY threads are hacked. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jixer77 View Post
      All of the DIY threads are hacked. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It’s a tapatalk issue. Use a browser and they’re fine.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

anyone has a good DIY link on SMG to 6MT coding?

Comment

Does anyone have an interior swap DIY? Seats, door cards, entire dashboard, carpet and so on. Also looking for part numbers for plastic/breakable items that may be needed like pins/rivets etc... Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerbimmer View Post
            Does anyone have an interior swap DIY? Seats, door cards, entire dashboard, carpet and so on. Also looking for part numbers for plastic/breakable items that may be needed like pins/rivets etc... Thank you.
            You should just start the project, see what breaks, and pull the PNs from realoem.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You should just start the project, see what breaks, and pull the PNs from realoem.
              Sure - I was trying to avoid the car sitting incomplete while waiting on hardware but it's not a dd so all good. Are you aware of any interior swap DIY's?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerbimmer View Post

Sure - I was trying to avoid the car sitting incomplete while waiting on hardware but it's not a dd so all good. Are you aware of any interior swap DIY's?

This guy covers it pretty good:

I made a bold leap and decided to do a black interior conversion! In this video, I remove everything in the front of the car, including the dash!!Make sure t...

Comment

Originally posted by sdmcoupe View Post

This guy covers it pretty good:

I made a bold leap and decided to do a black interior conversion! In this video, I remove everything in the front of the car, including the dash!!Make sure t...

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a fuel filter DIY for our cars?

Comment

Originally posted by speedster View Post
                      Is there a fuel filter DIY for our cars?
                      It’s pretty easy. I’m doing this from memory so there may be some minor discrepancies .

Jack car up, put on jack stands. The fuel filter is on the drivers side, underneath the car, next to the chassis rail. Make sure car is off (otherwise the fuel pump will be running....). Put on some eye protection (and probably keep a fire extinguisher close by), open hood, cover fuel rail shrader valve w some rags and push down on the valve stem w/ some needle nose pliers or the like. Remove the covers over the fuel filter (not 100% sure but think they’re 8mm bolts/screws) and loosen the fuel filter bracket (no idea...probably 8mm or 10mm). Depress the shrader valve on the fuel regulator w/ your needle nose pliers to make sure there’s no residual pressure in the system.

Here’s the tricky part. There’s a plastic bit on the connection between the car and the fuel filter. That has to be pushed away from the fuel filter while pushing the fuel filter into the line, then away from the line to disconnect. The other end is a 19mm screw connection to the fuel regulator. Then finish removing the fuel filter bracket and remove the old filter from the car. You might have to mop up some residual gas so be aware and have rags and/or a bucket nearby.

Installation is simply the reverse.....

Aaaand of course after I typed all that on my phone I found this:

Comment

I would add to be careful with the regulator housing. I damaged the sheet metal by the shrader valve when taking off mine and got a fuel leak. Make sure to only grab it with a wrench by the square part with threads.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I'm looking for a oil filter housing gasket DIY. Anybody know of a good one? I've been reading the one by Pelican Parts, which is a good start.

Specifically, I want to know if it's necessary to drain the oil. Trying to avoid that if at all possible.
                          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                            I'm looking for a oil filter housing gasket DIY. Anybody know of a good one? I've been reading the one by Pelican Parts, which is a good start.

Specifically, I want to know if it's necessary to drain the oil. Trying to avoid that if at all possible.
                            99.99% of the oil sits in the oil pan several feet below where you will be working, so there is no need to drain the oil...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                              99.99% of the oil sits in the oil pan several feet below where you will be working, so there is no need to drain the oil...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              That’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming!
                              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

That’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming!
                                There will still be some spillage though, so be prepared.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X