SMG to 6MT Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
    You guys should be able to order a 701 here. I did that from the dealer. 700 auto supersedes in the system but doesnt do it for 701.
    No one seems to have this either... ECS and Turner dont have it, my dealership in Toronto doesn't have it... special order.

If anyone has these, let US know lol pls... 700 or 701

Comment

Originally posted by pawelgawel View Post

No one seems to have this either... ECS and Turner dont have it, my dealership in Toronto doesn't have it... special order.

If anyone has these, let US know lol pls... 700 or 701
      Pm your cell or email, Ill order you one(701 every time i tried 700 it superseded and couldn't figure out how to not get it to supersede) from my dealer. (if your in toronto)
      2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
      2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
      2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

The SMG to manual transmission on a BMW requires a few extra steps to properly get cruise control working. In this video, I go over the steps on how to get c...

Comment

If you're doing an SMG to manual conversion, you may as well just use the 2001 style sensors since they're still available. For us factory manual cars, it's a little annoying if our stock sensors fail.

Comment

So, I have completed the swap and everything appeared to be functioning properly, no lights on the dash, no COG of death etc. However when I drive the car it is noticeably down on power. It feels as though the cat is clogged, but not sure how that could have happened when it was fine prior to the swap. I did flash all the proper modules to manual, but I made no binary code modifications. My understanding was that binary changes only needed to be made to get cruise to work properly? My car is an early 2002. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rcarson25 View Post
              So, I have completed the swap and everything appeared to be functioning properly, no lights on the dash, no COG of death etc. However when I drive the car it is noticeably down on power. It feels as though the cat is clogged, but not sure how that could have happened when it was fine prior to the swap. I did flash all the proper modules to manual, but I made no binary code modifications. My understanding was that binary changes only needed to be made to get cruise to work properly? My car is an early 2002. Any help would be appreciated.
              contact ECUWorx, Martyn, maybe he'll help you out... he did my flash remotely without any issues.

Comment

Anyone have any tips to taking apart the EWS connector? Knowing me Im going to break the plastic trying tonfigure it out.

Comment

If someone want the -700 brown Clutch switch, I have a new one here laying around.
                  If these are still not available, i can send it international (I’m in Germany) otherwise I will give I back to the dealer.
                  …under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
                    Anyone have any tips to taking apart the EWS connector? Knowing me Im going to break the plastic trying tonfigure it out.
                    Just like other connections, there is a little tab on the side you press and the internal cassette slides out.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
                      If someone want the -700 brown Clutch switch, I have a new one here laying around.
                      If these are still not available, i can send it international (I’m in Germany) otherwise I will give I back to the dealer.
                      Doing a manual conversion next month and need it. I'll take it off your hands if it's available. I've sent you a PM.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pawelgawel View Post

Just like other connections, there is a little tab on the side you press and the internal cassette slides out.
                        Thanks. I didn't realize it slides perpendicular to the wire direction. Whole time I was trying to get it the same way the wires go.

Comment

Last question I swear!

What is the pin connector size you use for the wire you insert into the EWS? Where do you guys buy that from?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...17#61131393704

is that the right one?

Edit: Nope 61-13-1-393-704 keeps getting stuck in it.

Edit2: screw it lets just code out EWS.
                          Last edited by SandeepM3; 06-05-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

If anyone else has trouble finding the part number for the PIN into the EWS or the pin for the back of the instrument cluster it is 61-13-0-005-197. Thanks to Martyn for that and super quickly doing my coding remotely. No GPS or dme wire and everything works perfectly with reverse lights and mirror tilt on an 2004!

Comment

Hey guys, I just completed this swap, but I’m getting a grinding noise when I try to engage any gear (and I cannot get Into the gear)

my guess is the clutch isn’t fully disengaging? I’m putting in a new CMC and rebleeding the clutch (possible there was air in the system)

any thoughts?

*edit* I can go into second gear no problem
                              Last edited by Hallerhan; 09-03-2021, 07:31 AM.
                              ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
                              ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
                                Hey guys, I just completed this swap, but I’m getting a grinding noise when I try to engage any gear (and I cannot get Into the gear)

my guess is the clutch isn’t fully disengaging? I’m putting in a new CMC and rebleeding the clutch (possible there was air in the system)

any thoughts?

*edit* I can go into second gear no problem
                                With engine off, can you shift into any gears? If not then the shift rod is mis-aligned. If yes then it seems clutch is not completely disengaged (test this by let it roll down a slope in gear when step on the clutch).

Comment

Working...
                                X