No announcement yet.

SMG to 6MT Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it needs to be 61319122700. BMW erroneously superseded it in the ETK to the non-M part. I hear if you can convince the parts guy to actually place the order for the old part number it will go through. 61319122701 (Euro M3/M5 switch) would work too, though it's unclear what's different about that one (I think it may not support the clutch interlock).

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
      Yes it needs to be 61319122700. BMW erroneously superseded it in the ETK to the non-M part. I hear if you can convince the parts guy to actually place the order for the old part number it will go through. 61319122701 (Euro M3/M5 switch) would work too, though it's unclear what's different about that one (I think it may not support the clutch interlock).
      Thanks Terra!

Comment

OK guys, I will be installing DCT tranny and not manual like what most do
        I don't need the clutch switch which is fine. i will be keeping the SMG display for gears, now what else beside the manual tune that needs to be fixed or coded on the car?

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
          I don't need the clutch switch which is fine. i will be keeping the SMG display for gears, now what else beside the manual tune that needs to be fixed or coded on the car?
          For real??

Comment

Are you going to be using the HTG controller?
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Are you going to be using the HTG controller?
              Yes
              got the tranny, waiting on the controller to be shipped

Comment

I think you will be fine if you just code out the clutch switch to start function.
                '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

is there a difference in look for m or non m? Ill order this soon but i heard people get the non m version?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeetastic View Post

is there a difference in look for m or non m? Ill order this soon but i heard people get the non m version?
                    M is brown, non-M is black

Comment

M is brown, non-M is black
                      And along these lines, whenever you order the M3, just tell who ever you are ordering from that you want the 700, otherwise when the number gets typed into BMWs system it automatically supersedes to the 898 which is incorrect. They won't have a problem ordering this, just requires a couple extra steps from the parts guy.
                      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Comment

Found a place that has a relatively low labor charge. For those that have done the swap recently, how much did parts cost you (not including the bellhousing)?

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
                          Found a place that has a relatively low labor charge. For those that have done the swap recently, how much did parts cost you (not including the bellhousing)?
                          ~$1500 but it should be a little cheaper than that since I used an RTD shifter with a DSSR.

Comment

I recently did the swap and since then I've had a no crank no start issue twice. Both times what allowed the car to start is unplugging the clutch switch and plugging it back in. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? In between both cases, the car would start just fine. It is to note that I haven't removed the SMG ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post
                              I recently did the swap and since then I've had a no crank no start issue twice. Both times what allowed the car to start is unplugging the clutch switch and plugging it back in. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? In between both cases, the car would start just fine. It is to note that I haven't removed the SMG ECU.
                              What are you using for a clutch pedal stop?

Comment

Working...
                              X