No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently completed this conversion on my street car. Wanted to share that I used the ECSTuning rear brackets (CreationsMotorsports) and was able to pretty easily get the Shape "D737" larger pad to fit on the back of the rotor with some light trimming on a bench grinder. Also trimmed the backing plate to maintain that. Specifically using the Akebono EUR737 from FCP Euro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50969356321_3cc64384c9_b.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	86577

Comment

selling a set of pads if anyone needs them.. just about brand new hawk pads.
      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

What replacement hardware are most of you using? I'm asking about the pad retention spring clips and rods (part number 99635295901).
        FCP is selling genuine Porsche for $66. I can find Centric and Raybestos for $5 or 6.
        I realize that P-car tax can be steep, but 1000%?

Comment

I've used Centric or Performance Friction (probably same factory as Centric, different box lol) friction on Brembo calipers on Porsche, Shelby, etc. cars with no issue. RockAuto is fantastic.
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
            I've used Centric or Performance Friction (probably same factory as Centric, different box lol) friction on Brembo calipers on Porsche, Shelby, etc. cars with no issue. RockAuto is fantastic.
            I also went with rockauto for these kits. I was blown away at the prices for the genuine Porsche stuff!

Comment

These kits aren't genuine, they're cheap chinese parts that work. Porsche kits are extremely nice and machined very well. The quality of genuine kits is high but Porsche isn't really big saving money in production it seems. They outsource to VW for that but these are Porsche designed. I have ATE spring kit, which I think is the OE supplier of the kits and they're absolutely junk compared to original. I think it's one of the main factors in my brake noise. In this case, I'm going to swap for genuine parts which will ironically be ATE but a completely different product. Taxes are dumb but there are those rare times you get better stuff for paying them. Remember that these are also 911 parts off of $82,000 cars. Today that's $122,000. Cars depreciate, new parts don't. Why is an SMG pump STILL $3500?
              Last edited by Arith2; 02-24-2021, 05:49 PM.
              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Any chance Girodisc will make a 2-piece floating rotor for the E46 M3, especially one that works with these Porsche calipers?
                Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post

In 03/08/18 I asked and Mike said it would be $1000 per rotor since they would be considered "custom". Hopefully you can help bring the price down for us.
                Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I'm interested as well.
                Asked around, we can do fronts no problem. The policy is if we get 5 committed people, that's enough to design for the application. These would be direct plug and play for 345mm ZCP/CSL front rotors, so they would work with the OEM sliding calipers or any of the various Brembo kits (996, Megane, etc.).

Rears might get a little more challenging but we can look at those once the fronts are on their way. PM me if you guys (or anyone else) are interested and I'll give you my email plus make a thread on here. I'm not really active on FB so if you know of anyone else, the more the merrier.

Comment

I would need a little more info before I can fully commit, I am highly interested but info on price and a matching rear set are high on my list. I don’t want to end up à la PFC with an awesome front set but no matching rears to be had.
                  Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

I would need a little more info before I can fully commit, I am highly interested but info on price and a matching rear set are high on my list. I don’t want to end up à la PFC with an awesome front set but no matching rears to be had.
                    Totally. Didn't mean to imply that full commitment was expected now -- just wanted to get a potential list going so we can figure out if the price + rear availability will meet everyone's expectations, and share the progress + updates with the group.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Totally. Didn't mean to imply that full commitment was expected now -- just wanted to get a potential list going so we can figure out if the price + rear availability will meet everyone's expectations, and share the progress + updates with the group.
                      sounds like a plan, thank you for trying to make this a valid option for us

1. r4dr
                      2. SWRT_M3
                      Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

sounds like a plan, thank you for trying to make this a valid option for us

1. r4dr
                        2. SWRT_M3
                        We should probably split this off into another thread... I'll try and post one this week with more info.

Comment

Finished up the install over the weekend. Can anyone share the spacer setup being ran on comp wheels with Koni Eibach setup. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone looking for track pads for this 996 Brembo conversion I few sets of Brand New pads FERODO DS1.11, Hawk DTC-60, and FERODO DS2500 pads for this 996 setup I can pass on with a discount compared to regular pricing. If anyone is interested shoot me pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post
                              Anyone looking for track pads for this 996 Brembo conversion I few sets of Brand New pads FERODO DS1.11, Hawk DTC-60, and FERODO DS2500 pads for this 996 setup I can pass on with a discount compared to regular pricing. If anyone is interested shoot me pm.
                              How much would you want for a set of rear DS1.11s?
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Unfortunately I don’t have the rears only have the fronts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X