Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
    Does anyone have any news/ updates in terms of fcpeuro offering track pads for this setup? As of now it seems that ferodo ds2500 is the only “track” option
    I was talking to them up until this Wednesday, with sad news 😔 I’m must say they will be not offering any race pads for this application until further notice, as they have lost their supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Radekxpl; 02-19-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
      If anyone has any general questions about the products, I'm happy to answer but really I'm here as an enthusiast with an E46 M3 myself.
      Any chance Girodisc will make a 2-piece floating rotor for the E46 M3, especially one that works with these Porsche calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

I was talking to them up this until Wednesday, with sad news 😔 I’m must say they will be not offering any race pads for this application until further notice, as they have lost their supplier.

Well shoot ... no more Hawk?! I just bought some a few months ago when I installed this Porsche setup, don’t see them listed anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DvSkD4 View Post

Well shoot ... no more Hawk?! I just bought some a few months ago when I installed this Porsche setup, don’t see them listed anymore.

No more Hawk as well, The good news is if you bought Hawk in the past they will warranty then I bought Dtc60 while back and they will source them for warranty only.

Comment

Good stuff, I went Textar street and DTC-60 for track

Comment

Originally posted by DvSkD4 View Post
              Good stuff, I went Textar street and DTC-60 for track

Nice, I’m not fan of dtc-60 the performance is great but they ruined my wheels as soon it got wet on the the track not worth the headache IMO and don’t last long at all, there’s other pads out there with similar or better performance that are user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

I was talking to them up this until Wednesday, with sad news 😔 I’m must say they will be not offering any race pads for this application until further notice, as they have lost their supplier.

That sucks, I was considering going with a Porsche Brembo setup so I could fcpeuro rotors and pads. Decisions decisions...

Comment

What's a good street pad for a ralley? I'm not sure where to begin. Porsche makes pretty darn good pads but if I can get a better pad I will.
                  This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Any chance Girodisc will make a 2-piece floating rotor for the E46 M3, especially one that works with these Porsche calipers?
                    It's in the pipeline, especially since I own an E46M and would like to run it... if you're interested, email sales@girodisc.com and tell Mike lol!
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

It's in the pipeline, especially since I own an E46M and would like to run it... if you're interested, email sales@girodisc.com and tell Mike lol!
                      In 03/08/18 I asked and Mike said it would be $1000 per rotor since they would be considered "custom". Hopefully you can help bring the price down for us.
                      Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post

In 03/08/18 I asked and Mike said it would be $1000 per rotor since they would be considered "custom". Hopefully you can help bring the price down for us.
                        Absolutely. I can't comment on pricing since that's not my department, but it would definitely not be $2000/pair.

It seems like we have 3 people (including me) interested without much effort, I wonder if we can put a list together. We could have the rotors ready in a month or two, given that my car is here to test fit them.

Comment

Absolutely. I can't comment on pricing since that's not my department, but it would definitely not be $2000/pair.

It seems like we have 3 people (including me) interested without much effort, I wonder if we can put a list together. We could have the rotors ready in a month or two, given that my car is here to test fit them.
                          Yes, I'm def interested, but a couple caveats:
                          - Similar pricing as the PFC Direct Drive rotors (~$430/complete rotor)
                          - Use commonly available brake pads without grinding/customizing, maybe using the D738 shape which is 5 mm shorter
                          - Keep parking brake functionality

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Yes, I'm def interested, but a couple caveats:
                            - Similar pricing as the PFC Direct Drive rotors (~$430/complete rotor)
                            - Use commonly available brake pads without grinding/customizing, maybe using the D738 shape which is 5 mm shorter
                            - Keep parking brake functionality
                            I'm guessing you're talking about rears? I see Bimmerworld has 345mm fronts for $522/rotor and 325mm fronts for $475/rotor. We would likely only do 345mm fronts as that's a no-brainer upgrade even for cars with 325mm fronts and floating calipers.

The rears get interesting. PFC does the weird pad shape because the 1-piece rotor doesn't have enough room for the 2-piece hardware between the swept area and the hat. I think what might end up happening is that if we can get the fronts going and show a market case for the application, then we might be able to do some engineering to make a rear 2-piece rotor that doesn't require a different pad shape.

I know we've done a Corvette application very recently where the rears had this same issue.

Comment

I'm interested as well.
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

The rears get interesting. PFC does the weird pad shape because the 1-piece rotor doesn't have enough room for the 2-piece hardware between the swept area and the hat. I think what might end up happening is that if we can get the fronts going and show a market case for the application, then we might be able to do some engineering to make a rear 2-piece rotor that doesn't require a different pad shape.
                                Yes, I was talking about the rears. I figured it will be tough to have both a parking brake and have enough room for the hardware for a 2 piece, especially with only a 328 mm rotor. I was hoping having the option of the shorter D738 pad would give enough room, but that still might be pushing it.
                                Last edited by elbert; 02-21-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X