No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brakes were squeaking as well (CSL rotors & Textar pads), went to the track and swapped in DTC-60 pads for two full days ... when I went back to Textars it appears as though the squeaking is gone. Hoping it stays that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DvSkD4 View Post
      My brakes were squeaking as well (CSL rotors & Textar pads), went to the track and swapped in DTC-60 pads for two full days ... when I went back to Textars it appears as though the squeaking is gone. Hoping it stays that way!

So most likely the more aggressive pads honed the rotor surface. That is very interesting, I wonder if the issue is more in the rotor surface vs pad choice? maybe switching to a different/better rotor would be the answer. Maybe rotors like these would make a difference, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...000505ecs02kt/
      Last edited by Thonas; 05-26-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Maybe, I bought the genuine BMW cross drilled rotors through FCP Euro so replacements will be free ... pads and fluid too

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          The cm brackets, copies of rallyroad, were intended for e36 to run 996s with e46 m3 rotors (325mm).

ECS or cm got the hair brained idea to tell people that they could do it on their e46.

The 996 kit on e46 M3 is only for 345mm rotors and you shave off 5.5mm from 996 front calipers.
          Having copied the RR design aside, which obviously isn’t something I’d agree with, but since the calipers can be shaved down 12mm, this leaves 3.5mm to be taken out from the bracket, so it doesn’t seem far fetched imho.

Comment

No it doesn't, until you see people try it.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              No it doesn't, until you see people try it.
              Which comment was this in reference to? I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post

So most likely the more aggressive pads honed the rotor surface. That is very interesting, I wonder if the issue is more in the rotor surface vs pad choice? maybe switching to a different/better rotor would be the answer. Maybe rotors like these would make a difference, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...000505ecs02kt/
                I would expect the OEM rotors to be higher quality than those ECS ones. Could be wrong though.
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I would expect the OEM rotors to be higher quality than those ECS ones. Could be wrong though.
                  Thanks!! If I could just cut the squeal by 50% would be fine. Honestly the squeal has prevented me from driving the car.

Comment

My rear 996 squealed like a dump truck with ds2500 pads. After a track day all is quiet now.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

Which comment was this in reference to? I want to make sure I am not missing something.
                      The post right above it.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks!! If I could just cut the squeal by 50% would be fine. Honestly the squeal has prevented me from driving the car.
                        Sorry, I can't keep track -- what pads are you running again?

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Sorry, I can't keep track -- what pads are you running again?
                          started with brembo pads now running Akebono pads

Comment

started with brembo pads now running Akebono pads
                            Do they both have the dampening weights at the top?

Comment

What fcp pads is everyone running for street and track? Looking to buy a set of each with there lifetime warranty. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by selm3 View Post
                                What fcp pads is everyone running for street and track? Looking to buy a set of each with there lifetime warranty. Thanks!
                                Textar oem for street, got hawk DTC-60 for track but I don’t think that’s an option anymore... might have to pick something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X