Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F360C View Post

Titaniu//MI just had the same issue as you. Ordered the same part numbers which i thought would be a left and a right but I got two of the same side. Were yours mispackaged or did we both order the wrong part numbers?
    Me three. From what I can tell, I got two of the right rear pipes instead of one left and one right.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

🙈

Or solder the wires together and heat shrink them right by the connector. You can just cut the original wear sensor wires and plug them in.

You could replace the connector on the car with a Porsche one. I'll get the part number either tonight or tomorrow.
      Interested to know the part number and if everyone installed the sensors with Porsche connector? I remember EAS used to sell these sensors a long time ago.
      -Singh
      2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
      BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
      Besian

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post

Interested to know the part number and if everyone installed the sensors with Porsche connector? I remember EAS used to sell these sensors a long time ago.
        The parts are pretty interchangeable. Just look up any non-PCCB wear sensor for a 996. Get aftermarket. Heck, a Cayenne wear sensor would probably work because length doesn't really matter. It's just the part that clips into the pad.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

does anyone run any type of aftermarket master cylinder with this setup or strictly OEM E46? I am not very impressed with this setup on the track (Ds1.1 pads) and am wondering if going to a different master cylinder could help? would 996 GT3 even be a possibility? It has a 27mm piston vs our stock 25.4mm

Comment

Originally posted by Sergmann View Post
            does anyone run any type of aftermarket master cylinder with this setup or strictly OEM E46? I am not very impressed with this setup on the track (Ds1.1 pads) and am wondering if going to a different master cylinder could help? would 996 GT3 even be a possibility? It has a 27mm piston vs our stock 25.4mm
            More surface area means less pressure. You'll have to push the pedal even harder to achieve what you were already getting. This setup significantly increases the amount of surface area the fluid is pressing against.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

What don’t you like about ds1.11 with 996 brembos? I run this as well and I thinks is on par within spec what endurance the pad is designed for, very comparable to Pfc 08 pads IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I feel as though the first portion of pedal travel is doing very little. Perhaps I need to do a better job bleeding the brakes or try a replacement stock master. I was running stock brakes (non zcp fronts) with hawk 70's before this and I don't feel like this was at all an upgrade from a brake performance stand point. maybe its the pad I chose?
                Last edited by Sergmann; 05-20-2021, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I feel as though the first portion of pedal travel is doing very little. Perhaps I need to do a better job bleeding the brakes or try a replacement stock master. I was running stock brakes (non zcp fronts) with hawk 70's before this and I don't feel like this was at all an upgrade from a brake performance stand point. maybe its the pad I chose?
                  My install feels the same way. I went back and re bled the brakes using a power bleeder and actually went around the car twice. My best guess is it has something to do with the master cylinder. I do think the around town performance is very similar but they do better in hard/track use than stock and they look a lot better!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	brembo upgrade.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	106199
                  Last edited by Thonas; 05-20-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Dtc-70 pads vs ds1.11 is not really apples to apples comparison dt70 is more of a sprint race type of pad, has much higher initial bite than ds1.1 I think that’s why you’re feeling this difference, wears much faster is very abrasive will destroy your rotors in no time and wears out much quicker compared to ds1.11 which is an endurance pad designed to provide consistency throughout endurance race providing longer lasting rotors and pads, but is has much lower initial bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Has anyone ever tested the CM brackets with 325mm discs? I vaguely recall people having issues with those brackets but I can't seem to find anything now.

Comment

The cm brackets, copies of rallyroad, were intended for e36 to run 996s with e46 m3 rotors (325mm).

ECS or cm got the hair brained idea to tell people that they could do it on their e46.

The 996 kit on e46 M3 is only for 345mm rotors and you shave off 5.5mm from 996 front calipers.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                          The calipers came disassembled so rebuilt with the Girodisc seal and boot kits. I used brake fluid as lube and pistons went in nicely for the most part. Couple were more difficult but they seem smooth now.
                          How well did the Girodisc boots seat into the caliper? On my rear calipers, the large boots fit fine, but none of the smaller ones will seat correctly.
                          I tried contacting them two days ago, but haven't heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

How well did the Girodisc boots seat into the caliper? On my rear calipers, the large boots fit fine, but none of the smaller ones will seat correctly.
                            I tried contacting them two days ago, but haven't heard back.
                            Strange, mine fit perfectly, all snapped right into place. I haven’t looked to see if they stayed seated yet but I have no reason to suspect they didn’t. Are they definitely the right size? Someone on this forum who works at Girodisc happened to see my post and had to edit my order because apparently I screwed it up …

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Strange, mine fit perfectly, all snapped right into place. I haven’t looked to see if they stayed seated yet but I have no reason to suspect they didn’t. Are they definitely the right size? Someone on this forum who works at Girodisc happened to see my post and had to edit my order because apparently I screwed it up …
                              OK thanks. He reached out to me last night, so hopefully we'll get this figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

It's inherently going to always happen. The brakes oscillate. I posted a technical bulletin about it in from Porsche. I advise you read it.

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-brakes-squeal

The "fix" was throwing pads at the car. The last one I replaced Akebono with Brembo. Porsche has multiple OE manufacturers for pads.
                                I completely understand that this is an issue in the design but that being said, I also have a Macan Turbo. It does have a very mild squeal but nothing like the 996 fronts on my M3. if I pull up to a stoplight everyone looks and you can't even hear the radio, it is actually kind of making me hate driving the car. So before I invest in moving back to stock or another brand of BBK for the front, is there anything else anyone can think of to try?

Comment

Working...
                                X