Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    Just an FYI, E9x 18" et29 260/219 wheels just fit over 996 BBK with maybe 3mm of space. I'd probably still use a 3mm spacer, but it will fit for sure:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220724_101902.jpg Views:	26 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	177956
    2mm is generally considered minimum clearance for calipers, so at 3mm I wouldn’t risk a spacer.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Like I said, you don't need the spacer.

Adding a 3mm spacer is not a risk. 7-8mm of hub lip is more than enough.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

All spacers are bad spacers :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

BBS RG-R 18x8.5 et22 — not even close, probably needs at least a 12mm spacer, maybe 15 — and that would put the wheel pretty far outside the fender.

(Wheels are for my e39 m5 but gave them a quick test fit)

Comment

What was the final consensus on the 500 degree engine block paint vs the 900 degree caliper paint? Getting my ducks in a row to paint these sometime over the next few weeks. I’m begrudgingly doing the brand new Freaky Parts front calipers too because honestly, the bright red Brembo color clashes with my car’s darker Imola red, and I just can’t handle that lol
            Attached Files
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

There hasn't been any discernable diff between the 2 paints, for a few years now, as long as you do the final clear coat with the 900 degree caliper clear.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I’m sure I’m late, and wish I would’ve knew this beforehand. But my ZCP wheels did not fit with this BBK. And that’s while having a 12mm spacer. I think I’m going to need an 18mm. Rears cleared with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
                  I’m sure I’m late, and wish I would’ve knew this beforehand. But my ZCP wheels did not fit with this BBK. And that’s while having a 12mm spacer. I think I’m going to need an 18mm. Rears cleared with no problem.
                  Zcp fronts are 8.0 +47.
                  they fit behind my apex at +35 with 10mm spacer. You likely need a 20m to clear

wait for someone else to chime in though, just throwing my two cents
                  2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

I just technically cleared with a 20mm spacer gut BARELY. There’s probably half a mm of clearance, if that. I’m going to go bigger. Prob 23-25mm to be on the safer end.

Comment

Mine clear with an 18mm. There’s enough room for comfort.

I am still looking for a good set of forged stock-ish looking and fitting 18” wheels that will fit with no spacers. ZCPs are fine for now though. Wider track wheels are much easier to fit, my 18” ET35 TA16 have like two inches of clearance.

Comment

I ended up going with H&R 30mm spacers. Now my fronts are flush.

Comment

Anyone have pictures of calipers done with the VHT gold paint?

Also, anyone have photos of the OEM front rotors vs Zimmerman? Curious to see a side by side visual of the different coatings
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                            Anyone have pictures of calipers done with the VHT gold paint?
                            No, but did do one set in Waltz Gold (powdercoat)
                            hope that helps
                            Attached Files
                            2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Just curious if anyone has run the Porsche 6 Piston calipers up front.

Comment

I just starting piecing together my kit and not too thrilled to hear about needing a big spacer up front for ZCP wheels.
                                2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Working...
                                X