DuracellTTU Build: 280/288 Cams, Lang Head, CSL Airbox, Full SS w/ Dyno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
    I'd mail you some proper 93 octane with a solid 10% ethanol in it if I had a hazmat license It's good to see your build come to fruition. 340whp is quite impressive. I the math for you and you've got some parasitic loss mods on so I'll do 12%-15%. At the crank you're making 386-400hp. You're achieving 120-125hp per liter. That's about as efficient as a GT3 RS. Hopefully this makes you feel even better about your build because I'm that number is the GT3 being on at least 93. You're doing real well and have much more to go with just a tune and fuel. Good luck and congratulations on the build.
    Thanks for the encouragement! Your math lines up with my original calculations and goals for this build. I was aiming for 125 HP/L, like the GT3 RS achieves. As you said, I'm pretty much there and have hit my target. It only goes up from here! Hoping to have Dinan TBs before my next tune with 93 octane, but that is a few years down the road since I'll be in CA for until 2023.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Nice build! It’s hard to hang in there as an original owner. I’ve been thinking about selling my E90 M3. This thread will help convince me to keep it!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
        Nice build! It’s hard to hang in there as an original owner. I’ve been thinking about selling my E90 M3. This thread will help convince me to keep it!
        Glad to hear this convinced you to stick with your e90 M3! Technically, I am the 3rd owner. The first two owners only had it for a year each and I purchased it in 2007, while it was still under factory warranty with only 15k miles on it.

I have countless hours of research and labor into this car. Starting over on a new platform just didn't make sense. This car has been completely personalized and customized to me. No other stock car in my budget can match it. The only car I'd want to move to is a GT3, but that won't be anytime soon.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Seems like a flex fuel controller would be perfect to get you to the next level. My car isn't modified as much as yours and if it was I'd be using e60 for sure. It sucks the rare times I have to put regular 91 in mine, totally spoiled running the corn stuff.

Comment

Awesome build. Can you comment on changes (broadly speaking) you guys had to made to the CSL tune to accomodate this hardware? How was the AFR pre-tune? Thanks for posting.

Comment

Very nice build and numbers!

Have a very similar build to you as well (SS catless, 280/272 cams, 12:3:1 comp), and had Hassan tune my car.
              Made 363whp, but our crappy 91 Octane and higher compression here was the limiting factor.

Would be very interesting to run a higher grade octane or Ethanol blend (will have to wait for the border to open to get to the states). Was told that there was probably another 30-40whp left on the table.
              TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post

Have a very similar build to you as well (SS catless, 280/272 cams, 12:3:1 comp), and had Hassan tune my car.
                Made 363whp, but our crappy 91 Octane and higher compression here was the limiting factor.

Would be very interesting to run a higher grade octane or Ethanol blend (will have to wait for the border to open to get to the states). Was told that there was probably another 30-40whp left on the table.
                Sae dynojet?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Sae dynojet?
                  Correct
                  TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Correct
                    You should post that dyno in this thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...s-280-272-cams

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

You should post that dyno in this thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...s-280-272-cams
                      Noted ^ I’ll get around to it shortly

Comment

Originally posted by ethan View Post
                        Awesome build. Can you comment on changes (broadly speaking) you guys had to made to the CSL tune to accommodate this hardware? How was the AFR pre-tune? Thanks for posting.
                        I asked Paul Claudes to share the details of the tune modifications, but he he was very reluctant to do so. This is his trade and he didn't want to share his secrets. What I did notice from the dyno charts is that the AFRs post hardware mods, but pre-tune were running very lean. This setup was providing a lot more air to the engine, the gains came as we added more fuel across the RPM band.

Wow, those are impressive numbers. I was also running 91 octane. Do you attribute the ~23 rwhp difference between our two setups strictly to the compression differences?? Stock compression at 11.5:1 vs your 12.3:1??

Comment

Awesome stuff. Your story sounds similar to mine. Had mine for 11 years before getting a GT3. Decided to keep the M3 also as I've spent a lot of time tinkering with it and made it "mine". It still makes me smile every time I drive it!

Comment

,,,and also in our 'Official Dyno Fread here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-dyno-database

Speaking of which, can we please make the database a 'Sticky'?

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Here is a summary of the mods:

2005 ZCP w/ 155k miles at the time of the build.

Karbonius CSL Airbox (OEM trumpets) w/ OEM Snorkel and operational flap
                              Lang Stage 2.5 head w/ Supertech valves and springs
                              Schrick 280/288 cams, 12.5mm lift w/ DLC rockers
                              Port exhaust side of head
                              SS V1 stepped headers
                              SS catted section 1
                              SS resonated twin pipe section 2
                              SS race mufflers
                              Kassel Performance CSL ECU conversion
                              Kassel Performance MAP sensor
                              TMS underpower pulles, water pump and power steering
                              SPAL electric fan conversion
                              Turbo Toys V3 exhaust hub
                              Custom tune by Paul Claudes
                              91 octane pump gas
                              I know this thread is 2 years old now but I just wanted ask OP if you by chance had the part numbers for the valve and valve spring kits that Lang Racing uses in their head service.

Mainly the valve spring kit. I've got a good idea on which valves I want to run but I haven't had any luck figuring out which springs work well with a set of 288/280 and/or 280/272 cams.

Was kind of leaning towards just the Supertech valves and leaving the stock springs until I came across this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamilton View Post

I know this thread is 2 years old now but I just wanted ask OP if you by chance had the part numbers for the valve and valve spring kits that Lang Racing uses in their head service.

Mainly the valve spring kit. I've got a good idea on which valves I want to run but I haven't had any luck figuring out which springs work well with a set of 288/280 and/or 280/272 cams.

Was kind of leaning towards just the Supertech valves and leaving the stock springs until I came across this thread.

Thanks in advance.
                                Hey - Unfortunately I don’t have any of the Supertech valve or spring part numbers. I ordered the Stage 2.5 head and Andrew had all the required parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X