No announcement yet.

F8X Brembo BBK Swap on E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where i can get the rear caliper adaptors? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeetastic View Post
      Anyone know where i can get the rear caliper adaptors? Thanks.
      Hmmm The ones I bought on eBay are no longer available. There is another set on there (CLICK HERE) but for almost double the price at $300 + $50 shipping . Check the M3Cutter forums and see if the guy is still selling them; shipping will be more expensive, but overall price should be less than that user on eBay. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnvu View Post

Hmmm The ones I bought on eBay are no longer available. There is another set on there (CLICK HERE) but for almost double the price at $300 + $50 shipping . Check the M3Cutter forums and see if the guy is still selling them; shipping will be more expensive, but overall price should be less than that user on eBay. Good luck!
        That much for an aluminum bracket eh, oh well perhaps its early production or something thats why its expensive.

Comment

That much for an aluminum bracket eh, oh well perhaps its early production or something thats why its expensive.
          I honestly think they are charging that much just because they can lol.

Here is the link to the guy on the M3Cutters forum:

His name is TomCress and as of April he had quite a few sets available for ~$155 + Shipping & PP fees. DM him and see if he has any left!
          Last edited by Johnvu; 10-19-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I have a set of M2/M3/M4 brakes with only 2,000 miles on them (already had the calipers machined as well) and a set of brackets I may be willing to sell, PM me if you’re interested.

Comment

I just read thru the m3cutters thread and they mentioned the brackets are made of 7075-t6 untreated aluminum which degraded over time. Keep us updated on how yours is holding up?

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                I just read thru the m3cutters thread and they mentioned the brackets are made of 7075-t6 untreated aluminum which degraded over time. Keep us updated on how yours is holding up?
                I haven't checked on the rears in awhile but in step 0.2, I sprayed the exposed aluminum with a corrosion inhibitor to ensure they don't degrade over time. My car is also always stored in the garage and rarely sees rain, so it may not be the best candidate for corrosion results LOL.

Comment

I'm not registered on M3Cutters but I will if I have to, before I do, has anyone gotten ahold of OP there and is he still selling the rear brackets? If you have an email address even better.

I have a spare set of my F8x brakes from my previous M4 Comp, so it's a question of rear brackets for me. Let me know please!

Comment

Wow, the brackets are made from 7075-T6? That's like overkill lol, unless someone's done proper FEA and made the decision that yes, I want to use an aluminium grade that is nearly 2x the yield strength and cost as 6061-T6.

If corrosion is going to be an issue you could anodize them. There are DIY kits you could buy

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
                      Wow, the brackets are made from 7075-T6? That's like overkill lol, unless someone's done proper FEA and made the decision that yes, I want to use an aluminium grade that is nearly 2x the yield strength and cost as 6061-T6.

If corrosion is going to be an issue you could anodize them. There are DIY kits you could buy
                      Yeah, I definitely agree here. These are way overkill and anodizing them would definitely be the best route. However, I called around and most of the places wouldn't do it for less than $100 and that wasn't worth it for me. Instead I just sealed them with the stainless corrosion inhibitor, which should be more than enough in the Texas weather.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                        I'm not registered on M3Cutters but I will if I have to, before I do, has anyone gotten ahold of OP there and is he still selling the rear brackets? If you have an email address even better.

I have a spare set of my F8x brakes from my previous M4 Comp, so it's a question of rear brackets for me. Let me know please!
                        Oh man, I found the seller over in Europe and it is the same price! Here is the eBay link!

Comment

Hey everyone, long time lurker but registered. Was hoping for some help with this because I feel really stumped. I plan on doing this on my 330 (overkill yes but I have big power plans in the next year) and need some help with the bias when only doing F80 fronts. I feel the M4 rears is just overkill.

I'm looking for some in-between solution for my non-M rear axle, but am coming short. There's the 135 rear calipers but the table here implies the piston specs of 135 rear calipers are similar to the GT3 rear calipers, and then this calculator here implies that the bias will be closer to 70/30. The chart here on post 52 also states that the rear piston on my car is the same as a stock M3. Also interesting is that the E46 non-M master cylinder is the most neutral of all. The rest of the calculations don't factor disc diameter so don't mind the calculations. I am also running 255 square on 240TW tires with 8k/10k springs. Any advice would be appreciated

Comment

Awesome write up thank you! Looking forward to this upgrade with some Girodisc hats! Any chance someone could post the exact specs of the brake lines and where to possibly order? Or is it best to have them made locally given the 90 degree elbow thats needed? Many thanks.

Comment

Wouldn't the 996 kit lines work (also 90 degree bend)?

Rallyroad.net or ecstuning.com
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Any ideas about the brake pad sensors? The connectors are different?

Comment

Working...
                                X