F8X Brembo BBK Swap on E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zim-zimmer View Post
    Any ideas about the brake pad sensors? The connectors are different?
    The chassis connectors are different, but it looks like the pad connectors are the same. So you should be able to just use an E46 sensor plugged into the F8X pad.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Wouldn't the 996 kit lines work (also 90 degree bend)?

Rallyroad.net or ecstuning.com
      +1. Would also like to know. This is my last piece I’m missing

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

The chassis connectors are different, but it looks like the pad connectors are the same. So you should be able to just use an E46 sensor plugged into the F8X pad.
        Yes, this is accurate. I reused my OEM E46 connectors without any issues!

Comment

Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post

+1. Would also like to know. This is my last piece I’m missing
          I just reused the OEM m4 rear lines but still planning on getting braided lines later. Could you please update us with whatever you end up using? It would be good to put it in the original post for future reference. Thank you!

Comment

Bringing this back up to the top since I just sourced a used set of F82 front and rear Calipers, 380mm front rotors and 370mm rear rotors. Correct me if I'm wrong as I plan on getting my new wheels and doing this BBK upgrade in one fell swoop,

#1 - Front Calipers - shave down 2.5mm on the mounting points (backside of the front calipers only)

#2 - Rear Calipers - shave down the center section between mounting posts with enough clearance for that bolt.

The only thing that I'm having trouble with is sourcing the rear caliper bracket. Anyone have luck with Tom Cress from M3Cutters, I've recently registered and hoping he still has a few sets left or can make them still. Everything on Ebay seems to be a dead link at this time.
            Last edited by WestBankM4; 11-26-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
              Bringing this back up to the top since I just sourced a used set of F82 front and rear Calipers, 380mm front rotors and 370mm rear rotors. Correct me if I'm wrong as I plan on getting my new wheels and doing this BBK upgrade in one fell swoop,

#1 - Front Calipers - shave down 2.5mm on the mounting points (backside of the front calipers only)

#2 - Rear Calipers - shave down the center section between mounting posts with enough clearance for that bolt.

The only thing that I'm having trouble with is sourcing the rear caliper bracket. Anyone have luck with Tom Cress from M3Cutters, I've recently registered and hoping he still has a few sets left or can make them still. Everything on Ebay seems to be a dead link at this time.
              I bought the last pair of brackets from p0lar a while back and I wanted to recreate them for a friend of mine but the machining costs for a single pair was ridiculous.

If you want I can send the file so you can source the machining yourself or I could get a couple made up if more people are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m going 996’s, until I got buildjournals Renault/996 setup (the red in image)

couldn’t pick a color so I did multiple options lol, selling the others now

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_29959.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	139644
                2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Does the f8x brake setup on e46 m3 fit 18 in wheels?

Comment

It should. BMW put the M ceramic on the M4 with 18’s.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                      I'm Using F80 Fronts with 18s and they have a good amount of barrel clearance. Face clearance depends on the wheel.

Comment

Barrel yes, face depends. EC-7 clears on the F8X platform.

Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post
                        It should. BMW put the M ceramic on the M4 with 18’s.

M3/M4s with the carbon ceramic options are 19" wheels. Same with the M2 Comp brakes (same setup, just iron basically).
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Yes but just make sure you get measurements for whatever wheels you are buying. I ended up going 19" Te37's because I didn't think 18's would fit and I didn't want to attempt to fit them. I think most 3 piece 18" wheels wont fit since the face tends to be a smaller size and the barrels require a step making the inside diameter a lot smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnvu View Post

Yes but just make sure you get measurements for whatever wheels you are buying. I ended up going 19" Te37's because I didn't think 18's would fit and I didn't want to attempt to fit them. I think most 3 piece 18" wheels wont fit since the face tends to be a smaller size and the barrels require a step making the inside diameter a lot smaller.
                            18” TE37s clear and 18” Apex FL5s clear as well. You can go to the m3/m4 forums and look at what 18s clear.

Comment

Originally posted by PHNX636 View Post

I'm Using F80 Fronts with 18s and they have a good amount of barrel clearance. Face clearance depends on the wheel.
                              Do you track? I'm curious to see how these hold up and how the brake bias is. Anyone else track with this conversion and can chime in?

Comment

Do you track? I'm curious to see how these hold up and how the brake bias is. Anyone else track with this conversion and can chime in?
                                I do track and had the Porsche BBK prior to this one and I wanted a little more front bias. Now I’m on f80 fronts and 996 rears and I find the balance perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X