Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street freindly or best bump steer correction toe rod ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a better start... now its just whether or not they can seal the rod ends they use so the kit can be streeted reliably and a decent price point and id buy.

Comment

Originally posted by STAATS View Post
      Definitely a better start... now its just whether or not they can seal the rod ends they use so the kit can be streeted reliably and a decent price point and id buy.
      +1
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Agreed.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Last edited by pawa_k2001; 10-04-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure I need this project in my car. Lol. I feel like the road takes my steering wheel. Only thing I haven't done is high speed balance and completely change my wheels.

Comment

Very late response. None of the companies I contacted produced a product so I bought some tools to measure the bump-steer correctly. At 13" rear and 13.5" front, our M3s don't actually have major problems with bumpsteer, I made a mistake in my earlier calculation. Posting this update just in case someone in the future tries to measure their bumpsteer and comes to the same incorrect conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                Very late response. None of the companies I contacted produced a product so I bought some tools to measure the bump-steer correctly. At 13" rear and 13.5" front, our M3s don't actually have major problems with bumpsteer, I made a mistake in my earlier calculation. Posting this update just in case someone in the future tries to measure their bumpsteer and comes to the same incorrect conclusion.

Is your Ride height Measurement center cap to fender?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Is your Ride height Measurement center cap to fender?
                  It is. Center of center cap to lip of fender. I also measured at 12.75" front and 13.25" rear, bumpsteer should not be a problem. I tested with 2" compression and 2" rebound.

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post

It is. Center of center cap to lip of fender. I also measured at 12.75" front and 13.25" rear, bumpsteer should not be a problem. I tested with 2" compression and 2" rebound.
                    Interesting to see there is little impact to bumpsteer with that much of a height change... I mean its positive... means there is not really a problem to fix haha. Did you actually quantify the bumpsteer when you di this exercise so you can quantify the bumpsteer impact due to you particular lowering case?

Comment

Originally posted by STAATS View Post

Interesting to see there is little impact to bumpsteer with that much of a height change... I mean its positive... means there is not really a problem to fix haha. Did you actually quantify the bumpsteer when you di this exercise so you can quantify the bumpsteer impact due to you particular lowering case?
                      I will have to find my notes but I did measure bumpsteer at every .25" travel. I don't have stock bumpsteer numbers since my AST shock will not extend to stock ride-height. If anything, I will redo bumpsteer measurements next winter since M3 will get a suspension rebuild at that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X