Best sounding exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

...Don't drive like a dick? The e46 M3 isn't a very car when not driven like a dick
    😂 I've actually never seen someone drive an E46 M3 like a dick.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I like my setup right now, just the right amount of loud and it doesn’t drone

Comment

I'm getting ready to install:
        • AP Headers
        • Fabspeed catted (HJS cats) section 1
        • SS oversized and resonated section 2
        • SS Race section 3
        Couple things before install:

1) I hope it's not too, too loud. This isn't a daily car for me but...
        2) The Fabspeed quality is incredible. Yeah, it's probably the simplest section to get right, but damn they are nice pipes. I wish Fabspeed did a full system.
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
          I'm getting ready to install:
          • AP Headers
          • Fabspeed catted (HJS cats) section 1
          • SS oversized and resonated section 2
          • SS Race section 3
          Couple things before install:

1) I hope it's not too, too loud. This isn't a daily car for me but...
          2) The Fabspeed quality is incredible. Yeah, it's probably the simplest section to get right, but damn they are nice pipes. I wish Fabspeed did a full system.
          You're fairly close to what I have but with a better section 2. I guess arguably a better section 3 seeing it's SS but volume wise believe it's similar to the El Diablo. It's a somewhat loud setup but not obnoxious. I could see daily driving my setup even though I don't. Keeping the sport button off helps you be a little more stealthy, at least on mine as I have the throttle map pretty aggressive in sport.

Agree on the Fabspeed quality. Their headers are spot on fitment wise and the section 1 is very well done with super high quality cats. I would like to have SS everything but I put my system together for less than $2,500 all in so I can't complain. Headers (BF sale), low mile used section 1, SGT section 2, used low mile section 3.

Comment

Ugh, Fabspeed. I did a tour of their facility and the owner tried to impress me by free revving some customer car engines that were cold.

I noped the fuck out of there.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
              Ugh, Fabspeed. I did a tour of their facility and the owner tried to impress me by free revving some customer car engines that were cold.

I noped the fuck out of there.
              Yeah that ain't cool.

I once took a car into a stealership for service and the tech who worked on my car said he test drove it to ensure "it was right" and that it was the fastest car he'd driven, caught rubber in third...

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
                Way too subjective BUT, the majority of exhaust sounds like hot trash bubbling up from satan's behind.
                Yes topic way too subjective. Everyone has different tastes.

And oh my that's is some funny stuff there! If the old :bow: worked this would be getting it.

Next time someone asks for an exhaust it needs to be on a scale of how many "bubbling hot trashes from satan's behind" they want it. 😈💩💩💩💩
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by sddynamix View Post
                  I've got SS Race + Karbonius CSL Intake - I find that the CSL intake is actually pretty quiet unless you're at WOT, but that could be my bum hearing from the years of listening to the SS.
                  This is my fear for when my CSL airbox arrives. I won't hear it because my car is stupid loud.

No exhaust is going to sound good on this thing.

IMHO:

Catless headers (stepped if you have the cash)
                  Whatever Sec 1 as long as it has 2 resonators
                  Whatever Sec 2, OE is fine
                  Stock muffler with larger tips
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Agreed I had stepped, catted V1 sect 1, oe sect 2 with stock sect 3. It's fantastic. You actually hear more going on not to mention induction esp if you have cf airbox ofc.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

This is my fear for when my CSL airbox arrives. I won't hear it because my car is stupid loud.

No exhaust is going to sound good on this thing.

IMHO:

Catless headers (stepped if you have the cash)
                      Whatever Sec 1 as long as it has 2 resonators
                      Whatever Sec 2, OE is fine
                      Stock muffler with larger tips
                      Don't get me wrong, it's still a beautiful sound, it's just not as pronounced as I thought it'd be based on all the videos I've seen.

My last two mods have completely destroyed my fuel economy: 4.10's, and this airbox (since I find my foot is all the way down... a lot more)

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                        That's really nice

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Answers are gonna be all over the place here. “Best sounding” is subjective to the person. That said I have Megan Headers, Fabspeed HJS Sec 1 and RE El Diablo Sec 3 and love it. It is definitely on the louder side but I enjoy it. IMO one of the best sounding Sec 3’s.
                          2004 E46 Imola Red M3 Coupe
                          2015 F56 Pepper White Mini Cooper S
                          2018 W205 Polar White C300 AMG Night Edition

Comment

Agreed about subjective so on that note here's the best exhaust sound 🙃

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

nice video! how can anyone say that sounds bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

LOL, that does sound pretty good!! Subjectively speaking of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X