X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is amazing.

Comment

This is great to have - thank you to the forum and contributors!

Comment

Anyone know the torque spec for the thrust bearing flange to the cylinder head? There's a good chance I'm blind and missed it, but I didn't seem to find it in the file

Comment

Just following up on the previous post in this thread - does anyone know the correct torque for the thrust bearing : cylinder head. It’s for the five 8.8 M8 bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
            Magnificent - one of the most helpful forum posts I've ever seen.

(I've only got a 325i, but still...)

Comment

Can a mod update the original post or the linked file. People are still referring to the version linked there from April 2016. The April 2020 version has about 20 more pages of info and some items fixed up.

This is the correct one IMO:
              Thanks to Flow, back on M3forum: Original Flow PDF: http://sawashie.free.fr/M3/TorqueSpe...SPECS%20LR.pdf (http://sawashie.free.fr/M3/TorqueSpec/E46%20M3%20TORQUE%20SPECS%20LR.pdf) Updated PDF with suggestions from this thread: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GS3Hirx6x0c0WG8hPeXiwfXfeUldkQnm/view?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                Can a mod update the original post or the linked file. People are still referring to the version linked there from April 2016. The April 2020 version has about 20 more pages of info and some items fixed up.

This is the correct one IMO:
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...=5291#post5291
                Is the April 2020 still the latest edition of the torque PDF ?

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post

Is the April 2020 still the latest edition of the torque PDF ?
                  Yes

Comment

Updated the document to reflect the correct torque for the front caliper carrier bracket bolts. Front is 81 ft lbs rear is 48 ft lbs. This is the new link for the document, old one doesn't go anywhere anymore: (see first post)
                    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 01-18-2023, 08:36 AM.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Thanks. First post link still works and links to old version unfortunately.

Comment

In the TIS, the torque spec for the banjo bolt on the side of the valve cover is 19 Nm (not 25 Nm like in the PDF).

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.png Views:	0 Size:	248.5 KB ID:	181461

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                          In the TIS, the torque spec for the banjo bolt on the side of the valve cover is 19 Nm (not 25 Nm like in the PDF).

Click image for larger version Name:	pic2.png Views:	0 Size:	248.5 KB ID:	181461
                          So that's why it always feels like I'm overtorquing that bolt. Even managed to break it once.

Anyway, fixed. Changed all links in previous comments to go to the updated doc.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Anyone have a definitive number for the torque spec on the driveshaft bolts to the diff input flange?

I've seen 3 different specs; this file (70 nm), a different (similar) torque pdf (85 nm), and the Bentley pdf (80-83 nm).

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

70Nm is right by TIS. 85 for non M

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220829-065024_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	182276

Last edited by Shonky; 08-28-2022, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                                70Nm is right by TIS. 85 for non M

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220829-065024_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	182276
                                Thank you. Just changed my pinion seal, and putting everything back together.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X