This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but does this doc include, or is there another doc, that mentions which fasteners need to be torqued under load vs which ones can be torqued with the car off the ground?
    One or two might be in the doc, but it is always good to check the online TIS for the full instructions which mention special procedures.

Anything with a rubber bushing, a metal sleeve and a bolt going through it needs to be torqued at ride height.

Rear lower shock mount bolt
    Bolt that goes through RTAB
    Upper rear spring perch bolt
    Upper rear camber arm bolt

Comment

Thank you, is there a link we have for the TIS?
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
        I'm not sure if someone wants to verify this before adding to the PDF, but I think I found the torque values for the oil pump send and pickup tubes. I remember bimmerfan08 broke one of the M5 bolts trying to torque it to an approx. value. After cross-referencing the two bolts, I saw that these bolts are also used on the E36 and other E46 models.

According to the TIS for the E36 and E46, the M5x16 (number 6, pn 07129903041) is 5NM and the M6x16 (number 11, pn 07119904524) is 10NM.

S54 oil pump is on page 49.

The TIS seems to also state to wash and oil the replacement M10 rod bolts before installing.

Thank you for this. I was also a victim of busting one of the M5x16 bolts torquing it to 10nm. FCP actually recommends this in their video which is what I went with since I couldn't find a spec. Had to get it extracted, super fun.

Comment

Working...
        X