This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmer View Post

Yeah really strange. Do you have the file that you took the screenshot from? I'm happy to host it somewhere for people to download.
    The file I took screenshot from somehow has the INcorrect torque for the rears...it looks to be the same version as in the first post.
    Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I fixed the new (98 page) file with the correct torque specs for the caliper bracket bolts. Here's the file: (see first post)
      Last edited by heinzboehmer; 01-18-2023, 08:35 AM.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I'm not sure if someone wants to verify this before adding to the PDF, but I think I found the torque values for the oil pump send and pickup tubes. I remember bimmerfan08 broke one of the M5 bolts trying to torque it to an approx. value. After cross-referencing the two bolts, I saw that these bolts are also used on the E36 and other E46 models.

According to the TIS for the E36 and E46, the M5x16 (number 6, pn 07129903041) is 5NM and the M6x16 (number 11, pn 07119904524) is 10NM.

S54 oil pump is on page 49.

The TIS seems to also state to wash and oil the replacement M10 rod bolts before installing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.44.03 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	448.8 KB ID:	5307 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.13.13 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	171.7 KB ID:	5304 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.18.47 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	5303 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.12.48 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	13.8 KB ID:	5309 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.19.03 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	180.6 KB ID:	5305 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.49.21 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	226.5 KB ID:	5310

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          I fixed the new (98 page) file with the correct torque specs for the caliper bracket bolts. Here's the file: (see first post)​
          Thanks for updating and rehosting. Any chance you can update the "Last updated" date on page 1 for config management?
          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Thanks for updating and rehosting. Any chance you can update the "Last updated" date on page 1 for config management?
            Right, completely missed that. I've updated the date and updated the link to the file in my previous post.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

amazing, great necessary info!! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Right, completely missed that. I've updated the date and updated the link to the file in my previous post.
                Your link shows the file as being in your 'trash folder' are you sharing a different version?

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post

Your link shows the file as being in your 'trash folder' are you sharing a different version?
                  Weird. Works fine for me with the link in my post: (see first post)​

Comment

Woohoo! Thank you so much for posting that first link! I am working on the power steering lines and that diagram really makes it simple and easy to find the torque values.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                      Can we host the updated version of the file here, in case that site goes down... we all know that is possible :-)

Comment

Is the torque value for number 3 in this picture correct? I don't remember have any struggles removing these bolts and 74 ft/lbs is high. I tightened them to 59 so if I was wrong I need to retorque.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Thank you for this as well, although I have a Bentley Hard Cover, this seems to have all the specs in an easier to find/look @ format

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                            Is the torque value for number 3 in this picture correct? I don't remember have any struggles removing these bolts and 74 ft/lbs is high. I tightened them to 59 so if I was wrong I need to retorque.
                            Thread dig but I thought I'd confirm this as I was checking up a few. TIS agrees with the diagram. Should be 100Nm / 74 ft-lb
                            E36 / Z3 2.8i, E36 / S50 / S52 / S54, E46 / S54, E85 / S54, E86 / S54 M10x46 10.9 (black) Replace screws 100 Nm
                            Last edited by Shonky; 02-13-2021, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Great write up. I wanted to add that racing Diffs has different differential pinion preload and carrier backlash specs than what is given by TIS and metric mechanics.

pinion preload: 0.5-0.8 NM
                              careier backlash: 0.1-0.15 mm

I actually didn’t find any differential build specs in TIS and I checked MM’s diff booklet and those specs were listed generically, I’m not sure if they apply to all the diffs they build.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Just for clarity, 64Nm and 52Nm is the standard E46 M8 bolts torque rather than M3's M10 bolts, so the diagram is correct.
                                Last edited by ac427; 04-06-2021, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X