No announcement yet.

Supersprint quality control issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V1s and catted section 1 from 2008/9 here. Flawless fitment and no cracks or other issues

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
      theyre not worth it... the extra few hp if that, just isnt worth that extra money.. I went with the BW Single-stepped and I love them, quality was top notch, they fit PERFECT, slipped right on and I scored them for under 900$ shipped on black friday.

Can you use the stock section one with these?

Comment

Originally posted by Yeetus View Post

Can you use the stock section one with these?

The outlet is 2.33" (60mm) so they "should" bolt up to the stock section 1.
        Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post

The outlet is 2.33" (60mm) so they "should" bolt up to the stock section 1.
          They do, they are meant to.
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Just checked ECS - - looks like the latest shipment is delayed by another two months! First world problems.....

Comment

Got mine headers replaced by supersprint. Was some wait on communication as SS can not ship directly to US, but after schmieadmann shipped them I was shocked took them less then 2 days to deliver from EU. The headers look straight :-)

Comment

Glad to hear that K
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Glad to hear that K
                  Thanks! Still waiting for my Karbonius, though. Who knows maybe even finish my NA build before the pandemic ends :-)

Comment

I've just received a set today from ECS, the middle flange on the shorter bank is set back from the outer flanges about a 1/16" of an inch or less, doesn't seem like it's really going to be an issue though as the bolts should pull it in enough to be flush.
                    Welds looks pretty good, I was disappointed to find none of the hardware to plug the O2 sensor holes present, although the cap for the EGT hole was there.
                    I apologize for the sub-par pictures.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_221820.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	57986 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_221919.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	57987 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_222127.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	57988 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234034.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	57989 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234056.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	57990 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234118.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	57991
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

They look pretty damn good to me. I don't think SS normally includes hardware.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                        They look pretty damn good to me. I don't think SS normally includes hardware.
                        My order from 2017 had the hardware. Maybe they are not doing it more recently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Cubieman, now those look fantastic. Glad they (SS) stepped their game up and took action and responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                            I've just received a set today from ECS, the middle flange on the shorter bank is set back from the outer flanges about a 1/16" of an inch or less, doesn't seem like it's really going to be an issue though as the bolts should pull it in enough to be flush.
                            Welds looks pretty good, I was disappointed to find none of the hardware to plug the O2 sensor holes present, although the cap for the EGT hole was there.
                            I apologize for the sub-par pictures.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_221820.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	57986 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_221919.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	57987 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_222127.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	57988 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234034.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	57989 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234056.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	57990 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234118.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	57991
                            I received mine without hardware as well. Contact ECS and they will get you some hardware. Their pictures show hardware and I mentioned that to them. PM me and I can get you the part #s that they sent. It is not the SuperSprint hardware thought.
                            2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Received mine recently from the groupbuy. Came without installation hardware. I reached out to TMS/ECS and they told me that the headers do not come with installation hardware. Do you know who you spoke with at ECS?

Also, the flanges didn't look completely flush on my set either. To measure, I placed the middle flange flush to a flat surface and inserted firm printer paper in between the other flanges and the surface. I then used a micrometer to measure the paper. Long story short, both headers had one of the flanges out of spec by 0.77mm.

Is that within expected quality range? 0.77mm seems like a decent amount to me, to stretch by torqueing the header bolts.
                              2006 M3 ZCP coupe, jet black on black, 6 speed
                              2001 325xi wagon, red on beige, 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by mcfreid View Post
                                Received mine recently from the groupbuy. Came without installation hardware. I reached out to TMS/ECS and they told me that the headers do not come with installation hardware. Do you know who you spoke with at ECS?

Also, the flanges didn't look completely flush on my set either. To measure, I placed the middle flange flush to a flat surface and inserted firm printer paper in between the other flanges and the surface. I then used a micrometer to measure the paper. Long story short, both headers had one of the flanges out of spec by 0.77mm.

Is that within expected quality range? 0.77mm seems like a decent amount to me, to stretch by torqueing the header bolts.
                                The bolts will pull them in. Even 1 mm would be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X