No announcement yet.

Alcantara headliner or stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful using the foam backed stuff on the headliner if you have a sunroof. At some point my headliner and sunroof shade were re-wrapped with foam backed material (not alcantara) and it made the sunroof shade very difficult to slide which ultimately increased wear on the already brittle sunroof shade clips.

Comment

Alright, for anyone in the future wondering the difference in color shades. Here is the Alcantara anthracite against the Alcantara black.
      Attached Files
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

The headliner on the hardtop for my cabrio was sagging, so I went with black alcantara-love it. Shame that it’s only going to be for the winter months, if I could do the soft top liner in alcantara I would, lol

Comment

Looks real good in the hardtop. 👍🏻
          Interesting how the black Alcantara photographs a lot like how the anthracite looks in person.

Until one tries to photograph Alcantara, it’s hard to describe how difficult it is to get the real look/shade across.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Ok all done. I’m very pleased with how it looks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	63092
            Last edited by old///MFanatic; 10-28-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17148.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	63226
              Last edited by old///MFanatic; 10-28-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Has anyone done the parcel shelf? Would 1 yard additional cover it?

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                  Ok all done. I’m very pleased with how it looks.
                  Is this anthracite, color code 9002? Looks great.

Comment

Yes it’s the #9002 anthracite color. Thanks. It is lighter than the factory cloth anthracite E46 M3. Depending on picture taken it really can vary in depicting the color shade.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EED4C951-4D99-4DDB-AF1B-38904BE2AC17.jpeg
Views:	645
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	64869
                      Originally posted by 8000RPM View Post
                      Has anyone done the parcel shelf? Would 1 yard additional cover it?
                      I have seen people do the headliner and the parcel shelf. I found it to be a bit over used in the interior at that point. Not enough contrast. (Also who really touches it back there anyhow). But I have black interior so maybe someone with a different color scheme it might look better. I for the record resprayed my parcel shelf and deleted the seat tethers as I felt it looked cleaner. Here’s the contrast with anthracite Alcantara pillars/headliner with black factory parcel shelf.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EED4C951-4D99-4DDB-AF1B-38904BE2AC17.jpeg Views:	53 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	63879
                      Last edited by old///MFanatic; 10-28-2020, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I did the rear parcel shelf. BMW does it on stock cars with Alcantara and less shades going on better, IMO. If it’s undone, it’s the only part on the car in the original material.

I also deleted the clip in points, and wrapped over them— so it just looks like a flat deck where the LATCH points were.
                        (that said, I also added new clip in points for my harnesses).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Yes it’s the #9002 anthracite color. Thanks. It is lighter than the factory cloth anthracite E46 M3. Depending on picture taken it really can vary in depicting the color shade.
                          Where did you buy it?

Comment

I bought the $2 samples from replicate. I’m buying the anthracite foam Alcántara it practically identical to the existing headliner that’s sagging on me and looks and feels great. Not bad at 140/yard. Buying 4 yards and bringing mine to a shop to get this done abc pillars and headliner can’t wait, anyone know anyone good up in MA/RI

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              I did the rear parcel shelf. BMW does it on stock cars with Alcantara and less shades going on better, IMO. If it’s undone, it’s the only part on the car in the original material.

I also deleted the clip in points, and wrapped over them— so it just looks like a flat deck where the LATCH points were.
                              Would you be able to show photo of yours for reference? Interested how it looks on the E46 M3.
                              Likely help others decide too.

I’m not sure it looks undone, after all it’s not like the parcel shelf matches the headliner now.
                              But need to see to decide.

Comment

Would you be able to show photo of yours for reference? Interested how it looks on the E46 M3.
                                Likely help others decide too.

I’m not sure it looks undone, after all it’s not like the parcel shelf matches the headliner now.
                                But need to see to decide.
                                Stock, prefaded, the parcel shelf does match the headliner and pillars!

I just went through my photo library and don't have a ton of great pics. Can't go out and take any pictures right now, as my track tires are in the back seat for this weekend. I can take some there, if you want better shots.

Otherwise, this is what I have in my library:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CobraN-12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	65134

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0034.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	65135

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	65136

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	65137

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X