This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swizbeatz View Post
    Also In keeping it I’m considering a few more mods but not sure what to do. I’ve got a set of Apex wheels I love off a Z4M, rears are 10.5 and look awesome. Dropped down to 18” from the stock 19’s and they made a ton of difference. Other than that I’ve got the slightest exterior mods ie grills and side markers and then the AS SSK. Leave it as is or are there a few no brainer mods?
    You want look/power/handling?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
      What is the recommended lube for fuel injector o-rings? I have seen everything from spit,oil,Vaseline and so on and so forth. About to replace my injectors here soon. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Silicone grease. Oil and vaseline will degrade the rubber. Wd40 is not a lubricant.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Sometimes referred to as dielectric grease in the autoparts store.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

On a high mileage car - 175k. Is it better to do a full swap of a low mileage manual or do the conversion from SMG.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
            On a high mileage car - 175k. Is it better to do a full swap of a low mileage manual or do the conversion from SMG.
            Are you asking if you should manual swap or buy a new car?

Comment

Originally posted by Swizbeatz View Post
              What’s my best option to allow streaming music? I’ve been looking at F80 and E90 M3’s for a while now and the 6MT options have ballooned in price so I’m gonna stick with my E46 for a while.

I have a Silver Grey with grey interior. Obviously there’s lots of black trim, steering wheel, dash, etc. there’s a great set of recaros locally but they are black. Anyone think it would look bad to throw them in there?
              Bluebus is great for streaming music. Also gets you tons of new features. Couldn't recommend it more. Recaros would look fine in there. If you want my black interior is currently for sale too

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Are you asking if you should manual swap or buy a new car?
                As I understand the process, it’s more of conversion versus a swap when you go from SMG to Manual except for the bell housing.

is that a preferred option or taking a complete ZF transmission and the putting it into the car. Does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

The "leak" if it's on the passenger side especially, is not an issue. It's weeping, not leaking. As long as the fluid is not dripping on the ground. The diff bushings use a stout foam. You don't need new ones at 71k. Ofc some people, like myself, replace things way too early, but you don't HAVE to.
                  Tbonem3, thanks!! it seems like your always answering all my questions!

Yes both sides are weeping and no dripping. I am very OCD about my car but i guess i'll wait till later on to replace the seals.

i had the car jacked up while installing my dinan ssk and i notice there's also some oil drips somewhere else and the mechanic said it could possibly be the oil pan gasket? hopefully nothing serious

Comment

You can spend your $ how you like because a huge part of the enjoyment of the car, for many of us, is replacing parts diy. But if you're prioritizing/budgeting, you can hold off for a while.

OPG can leak. It'd be great timing if you need rod bearings done soon. Replacing the oil pan gasket is almost a rod bearing job unfortunately (hang engine). If you could pinpoint the leak, there might be some sealant that could be applied externally? Not sure.

That said, I bet several different leaks would drip down and move back towards the tranny so you may want to try to isolate it or inspect for dampness higher than the oil pan line.
                    Last edited by Tbonem3; 09-20-2020, 09:59 PM.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

please delete
                      Last edited by jbfrancis3; 09-23-2020, 05:39 AM.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Are the dates on OEM Caliper seal kits manufacture and use by dates? There are two sets of dates what looks to be 5 years apart. TIA
                        '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Can someone help identify if this is a manual or smg transmission?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can someone help identify if this is a manual or smg transmission?
                            Looks like a manual because the detent springs are already plugged up. Also, the gear Identification switch is already in the location where it needs to be tapped for an SMG

Comment

Originally posted by IceInMyVeins14 View Post

Looks like a manual because the detent springs are already plugged up. Also, the gear Identification switch is already in the location where it needs to be tapped for an SMG
                              Worth buying for $1000? The risk is that it was in an accident and could possibly be inoperable. Looking to do the SMG to Manual swap.

Comment

Worth buying for $1000? The risk is that it was in an accident and could possibly be inoperable. Looking to do the SMG to Manual swap.
                                Any reason why you're not just machining your trans? It'll be cheaper and you'll know that everything works like it should.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X