Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question Thread - No Flaming Allowed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone know anything about GPS trackers? From a theft "prevention" standpoint that is. Recently thought about this on a trip I was on in another vehicle prone to theft...currently use an air tag in the vehicle but that's minimalist these days I guess with the tech available. I was at CES earlier in the year and went to a booth of a company offering GPS tracking, but didn't take the time to get the company name/info. Now kinda wish I'd have done that. Thoughts?

    Comment


      Originally posted by eljay View Post

      Yeah, I agree. But is there a street pad that will not vibrate like that on track even if it wears out faster etc?
      For example, many years ago I used StopTech Street pads and while they were not a track pad, they survived my "far from flat out" track days and worked well on the street still thereafter.

      So, I'm looking for something similar as I never experienced this vibration on my E46 ZCP with stock rotors and calipers.
      I ran semi-metallic Centrics on both street and track (coincidentally Streets of Willow) and they survived without any noticeable vibrations. Some deposits but they came off with some street driving. Wear was good too.
      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

      2003 M3 coupe - Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ - Ground Control - Volk Racing - Karbonius - SuperSprint - Recaro - Schroth
      1989 325i sedan - track project coming soon! manual conversion in progress
      2007 GX470

      build/journal
      ig: @zzyzx85

      Comment


        What's the wiper blade measurement everyone is getting nowadays? I keep seeing a couple of sizes for each blade.

        Comment


          Originally posted by oceansize View Post
          Will I be able to replace the pinion shaft seal with the differential outside the car if I don't have a large bench vise?
          I am going to answer my own question. Yes, just did it on a bench without a vise, easy. Here is your brace to break it free.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	how-to.png
Views:	0
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	571169
          2003 | 3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

          2005 | Slick top | Manual | Mystic | Stripper | ZCP Brakes

          Comment

          Working...
          X