Everything about Fat Cat Motorsport Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDave View Post
    I was told your current set up was well over $5,000+. Too rich for my blood.
    That’s relatively cheap when you consider the cost to setup the suspension.

Track fees, fuel, tires, brakes, wear and tear, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

you're looking at ~10 pounds weight savings per side assuming BK and OE hardware

closer to ~20 pounds weight savings per side if you go with the Sparco SPX (pricy, but probably the best reclining seat on the market at the moment)

This is a big reason I'm taking my Sportster CS out of the M3 and putting them in the M5... definitely more suited to that car. I believe Cobra Nogaros or Recaro PP will net about 40 lbs per side savings IIRC.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

That’s relatively cheap when you consider the cost to setup the suspension.

Track fees, fuel, tires, brakes, wear and tear, etc.

Aren't they just non-adjustable H&R's (Bilstein's) with a tune? So $1400 for parts and $3600 for a tune?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Aren't they just non-adjustable H&R's (Bilstein's) with a tune? So $1400 for parts and $3600 for a tune?
          And most people spend a lot more than $3600 at the track getting their suspension right.

Comment

It’s cheaper if you just do their revalve service. It gets pricier when they start adding hardware.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

It’s cheaper if you just do their revalve service. It gets pricier when they start adding hardware.
              Oh I see - so hardware like springs, swaybars, etc?

Comment

Oh I see - so hardware like springs, swaybars, etc?
                No— like blowoff valves internal to the shocks.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

This is a big reason I'm taking my Sportster CS out of the M3 and putting them in the M5... definitely more suited to that car. I believe Cobra Nogaros or Recaro PP will net about 40 lbs per side savings IIRC.

much closer to 30 pounds per side if you run a pole position. Nogaros are relatively heavy as far as fixed back seats go, i wouldnt be surprised if the leather versions put you only in the 20lbs/side savings range

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

much closer to 30 pounds per side if you run a pole position. Nogaros are relatively heavy as far as fixed back seats go, i wouldnt be surprised if the leather versions put you only in the 20lbs/side savings range
                    I saved 59 lbs total, going from heated/leather/power stock seats, to CFRP nogaros/leather/heated/manual e46 sliders-- just under 30 lbs per seat saved.

... CF Nogaros would have saved another ~10 lbs per seat, but... $$$.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I saved 59 lbs total, going from heated/leather/power stock seats, to CFRP nogaros/leather/heated/manual e46 sliders-- just under 30 lbs per seat saved.

... CF Nogaros would have saved another ~10 lbs per seat, but... $$$.
                      Yeah not worth the $$$. Has anyone here documented the weight savings with Recaro PP ABE?
                      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Yeah not worth the $$$. Has anyone here documented the weight savings with Recaro PP ABE?
                        IIRC PP ABE's are 2 or 3kg lighter than nogaros.

Comment

pretty much the same weight savings as running a pole position. they're within a pound of each other

Comment

Working...
                          X