No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing the seals on my ABC pillar shadowline trims on my LSB M3. Replacing the B-pillars fabric covers at the same time
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Penetrating oil and get an o-ring pick to get inside the hose. You lift hose from nipple than shoot oil or lubricant like PL100 and try to rotate the hose on the nipple.
      Right on, thanks! I'm going to get back in there this afternoon.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Disconnect them in the wheel well and pull them through the body when you drop the tank.

When I drop a fuel tank I don't even pull the backseat, you can get everything from the bottom.
        I hadn't thought of that, do you find that's easier overall, including getting he lines back through the body cavity at the end? I already cut some of the clamps and if GT4's method doesn't work, I will try doing this.
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

I hadn't thought of that, do you find that's easier overall, including getting he lines back through the body cavity at the end? I already cut some of the clamps and if GT4's method doesn't work, I will try doing this.
          Do my method for the hoses but where George mentionned! I also do it like him when I drop fuel tank to do RACP reinforcement. I remove line from passanger side wheel well.

Also, it’s way easier if reservoir is empty

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Do my method for the hoses but where George mentionned! I also do it like him when I drop fuel tank to do RACP reinforcement. I remove line from passanger side wheel well.

Also, it’s way easier if reservoir is empty
            Okay gotcha, thank you!
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I've pulled 40-50 E46 fuel tank in the last 5yrs alone and would never do it the way you are, just a fyi. Not saying it won't work, just that its waaaay harder IMO.
              '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
              Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
              Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

I've pulled 40-50 E46 fuel tank in the last 5yrs alone and would never do it the way you are, just a fyi. Not saying it won't work, just that its waaaay harder IMO.
                Cool got it, I'm going to do it as you've suggested. Thank you for the tip!
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Heroes of the day, Gt4 George Hill thank you kind sirs. Took me all of 5 minutes to get this out by disconnecting the far end of the lines and feeding the hoses through the body cavity. Yesterday was super annoying and I’m glad to have this out so I can keep going!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.6 KB ID:	249436
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Heroes of the day, Gt4 George Hill thank you kind sirs. Took me all of 5 minutes to get this out by disconnecting the far end of the lines and feeding the hoses through the body cavity. Yesterday was super annoying and I’m glad to have this out so I can keep going!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.6 KB ID:	249436
                    Make sure to put foam insulator on top of fuel tank where there is square shape. Once the tank installed, it will squeeze tank again chassis and will avoid rattles!

Comment

And so the last OEM section of the exhaust gets replaced. Definitely wanted to get this done before the new engine is broken in and dyno tuned.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

My M3's been mostly chilling too. Just a quick morning run to break the monotony.

Comment

I removed the old RACP plates from my car today, here’s what I found:

'01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240120_102254.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	249982
                            Seat switch time! Took the Sportster CS out and Cobra Nogaros went in. Much better in every way: lighter, better connection with the chassis, more comfortable, and holds you a lot better.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Received what is my 3rd Karb box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	251005

Comment

Attempted to put a new starter in, came to find out that someone already put one in and didn't even install the second bolt and on top of that the singular Torx bolt that was in there was rounded out.

Dropped the trans mount to give me extra space but still no luck, going on what's now day 4 of intermittently trying to work on it when the feeling of defeat no longer resides.

Tried an 8 & 10mm extractor socket as well as a 3/8 (measured the bolt profile with calipers and the 3/8 was closest to it, 3 thou of an inch difference, since the extractor socket set didn't come with 9mm smh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X