What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you do for your M3 today?

Well, to kick off, not a whole lot! I drove to the grocery store. COVID-19 has me locked in.

put gas in it since it was super cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post
      Well, to kick off, not a whole lot! I drove to the grocery store. COVID-19 has me locked in.
      I didnโ€™t locked you in...

Today I only put gas. $2.97 in Northern CA
      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Iโ€™m nowhere near done, but for the last week I have slowly been helping the car look better. Itโ€™s from Northern, CA and has been absolutely blasted by the rocky soil. It looks way better, but Iโ€™m not even half way done filling in the rock chips and Iโ€™m about 10 hours in so far. Worth it for me though!! Iโ€™ll post pictures when Iโ€™m done.
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Got a whole bunch of things ready to install:
          Chase bays kit for steering refresh
          330 steering rack
          Power steering pump
          Structural foam
          New exhaust hangers
          Rear cross brace

Unfortunately I have not had access to the workshop to install it (covid). Will post pics (maybe a diy if needed) after parts are in.

Comment

Was going to change oil and do general inspection, but CCA DIY event was canceled. Oil doesn't really need changing based on mileage but was finally going to do Blackstone analysis.
            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Good drive with clear roads - one benefit of COVID
              โ€˜04 M3

Comment

Took delivery of it! Just got off the truck from California. 2002 Topaz Blue 6spd, single owner. Now living its retirement life on the east coast.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	183.6 KB ID:	807 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	808
                Last edited by scubastove; 03-21-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scubastove View Post
                  Took delivery of it! Just got off the truck from California. 2002 Topaz Blue 6spd, single owner. Now living its retirement life on the east coast.
                  Nice! Fellow Topaz owner here.

I was going to go for a drive today, but upon pulling into the gas station I heard a noise in the engine bay that turned out to be a shredded belt. I cut off the shredded buts, reseated what was left of the belt and limped the car back home. Yellow oil light came on when I turned off the car at home. After some investigating, I think the belt shifted after it was splashed with oil and that caused it to shred. I think the leak is coming from the front main seal, so I'll tackle that as soon as I get the parts. I remember seeing a thread about making a tool to install this seal with a cut up bottle or something like that on M3Forum. Anyone remember this too? I'm having trouble finding it.

On a more positive note, I finished up my CSL airbox install earlier this week. I converted my MSS54 to be able to run CSL engine management and a MAP sensor. Couldn't have gotten this done without NZ_M3's and Terra's help. Thanks again guys!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200318_193318.jpg
Views:	16681
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	887

โ€‹
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

My full set of Karbonius carbon fiber trim arrived for the street car build. Looks amazing ๐Ÿ˜€

Click image for larger version

Name:	49684625912_42e54356f0_b.jpg
Views:	16796
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	889
                    Unfortunately the car is still at the body shop in the New Rochelle quarantine so it's going to be a while before I get it back ๐Ÿ˜‘

Comment

Man that looks good. I wish they weren't so pricey I'd pick up a set.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                      2003 BMW M3 ยท Coupe ยท 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Tranny fluid, fuel filter, and removed my cdv. Only screwed up one crush washer. I tend to do that.

Comment

Today we pulled the vanos and replaced it with a low mile one. Our intake advance timing was a little slow and we already replaced the solenoid pack and adjusted the oil pressure with no change. This is likely our last go before completely giving up and living with the barely out of spec timing.

On another sad note, it seems one of the jack pads is now crooked so I'm guessing the metal has started to give way. I've heard people talk about this problem before but not sure what to do about it. I figure I'll ask the body shop when I get the Vince Bar installed to see if they can do anything.

Comment

Ran new NiCopp brake lines from front to rear. East coast rust is real

Comment

Got to take him out of the garage-mahajal hibernation for an hour Friday, for a joy ride as that is his purpose in my life...

This year, in Oregon, we have had an unusually dry winter, weather opportunities have presented driving my beloved E46 M3 through local, extended, rural twisties...๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
                              Cody
                              '04, manual, Dinan Stage 1 suspension and engine flash.

Comment

Working...
                              X