What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scubastove View Post
    Took delivery of it! Just got off the truck from California. 2002 Topaz Blue 6spd, single owner. Now living its retirement life on the east coast.

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	183.6 KB ID:	807 Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	808
    Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post
      new leather for the steering wheel and painted the lower trim to match the interior trim panels. i'm not sure about the result. leather looks to new for this kind of "old" car. i think i like a glossier leather look. which will come with time. and i'm not sure about the lower trim. going back to black? 🤔 and yes that's an e30 and if you look closer you can find another car. bonus points if you can guess the model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_200533.jpg
Views:	1668
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	9114Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_150813.jpg
Views:	1647
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	9115​
      New one looks great!

Comment

Refreshed the (front) wheel center cap decals (did the rears months ago).

Name:	IMG_4741 20pc.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	23095

I was probably in a bit of a hurry when I did the rears that I didn't notice that the original (since new) decals were (thicker) metal and the lines and letters were actually embossed (slightly raised) unlike the new decals which are just printed and flat. Not sure if the original style, embossed caps are still available - all I can see are the flat/printed ones.

Does anyone also know if the old-style caps with the plastic surround/edge are still available? All the caps I could find are the new style chrome to the edge. I somewhat prefer the period ones with plastic surrounds/edges. What do you guys prefer?

Comment

Took my sweat as time doing my first detail... almost 2 months! Okay, I took a fat break and basically did the last 65% of it this week.

First photo is after apply the sealant, Jescar Power Lock, 2nd is after 2-layers of was, Collinite 845. Going to practice on the daily and the G01 X3 M40i next

Name:	image_8070.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	23113 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8069.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	23112
          Last edited by Lip; 05-09-2020, 08:42 PM.
          2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
          Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
          Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
          Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
          Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
          Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Yesterday I changed the clutch and all associated parts and installed an AutoSolutions SSK. What a difference all of this made.

The night before doing this I was removing all the interior bits to let the shifter slide out with the tranmission and discovered that some how all three spot welds for the shifter carrier bracket had ripped out.

Name:	20200509_143057.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	23329

Name:	20200509_143150.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	23330

I have no clue how or when this happened. I did a shifter refresh at 104k (122k now) and the bracket looked perfect. Seems like the only thing that was holding the shift arm in place and keeping it from falling onto the driveshaft was that piece of beat up sound deadening. Pretty much as soon as I touched it it completely fell apart.
            ​
            ​​​​​I did install a poly bushing last time I did this (went OE this time) so maybe that caused it? Or maybe it broke off when installing the shift knob? Regardless, it's fixed now.
            ​​​​​
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Mine had ripped out too. I had also been running an AS SSK with that turner poly bushing when it broke on me.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Washed it and finally synced up my garage door opener to HomeLink.

Name:	20200510_205042.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	23410
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                  Mine had ripped out too. I had also been running an AS SSK with that turner poly bushing when it broke on me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCsJ1-tSkc
                  Interesting. Although mine ripped out with stock everything except for poly bushings. Just installed the AS SSK yesterday.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Broke the windshield removing the outer trim!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lotus123 View Post
                      Broke the windshield removing the outer trim!!!!
                      Ouch man! Hope you resolve that alright.
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

Name:	B8943169-F67D-485F-9E17-CA8D3BD4979F.jpeg
Views:	559
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	23761 Social distancing.

Comment

Installed an aux cord in the passenger footwell. Felt this was the cleanest approach. Wanted the ability to close the ashtray while using the aux.

Comment

Trans fluid change
                            differential fluid change
                            Complete brake fluid flush
                            Pa. State inspection
                            Woohoo, warm weather here we come !!!
                            2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Finally finished my headgasket install once I got my skimmed head back along with a valve job. Took two days of slow, methodical work and I am glad I labeled everything early on since I didn't end up with any left over parts or pieces. All new gaskets/crush washers installed. Also, did the Beisan Vanos Lockdown and a valve adjustment. Runs great now!!!

Name:	image_8360.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	24380 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2573.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	24397

Name:	image_8364.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	24384 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	24398

Name:	IMG_2584.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	24399 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8365.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	24385

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Robert's_BMW; 05-13-2020, 11:46 AM.
                              2004 M3 Coupe - Imola/Black | AA Supercharged (432 whp / 275 ft/lbs) | ARP Head Studs | ACL | Besian | Mishimoto CC | AA Headers w/ 100 Cell Race Cats | SS Section 2 | OEM Section 3 | TCK DA 400/500 | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Apex Arc-8 18x9 / 18x10 | 996 Brembo (In-Progress)

Comment

Swapped out my non-///M oil cap for an ///M variant:

Name:	49890875268_a5d53bf6fe_c.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	24390

Name:	49890874653_6e32d7e821_c.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	24391

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                                2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                                My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Working...
                                X