What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    Worked on my new engine while I wait for parts to work on the one that's in the car.
    Wow, thats amazing! Wish they weren't sold out...

Since my quarantine began
    -valve adjustment and valve cover gasket replacement
    -cooling refresh with hoses, o-rings, thermostat, bleed/flush
    -swapped stock mech & aux fans for SPAL 2082
    -power steering flush
    -CPV o-ring repalcement

Plans for next couple weeks
    -Apex wheel stud conversion
    -full car wash/detail and leatherique interior
    -figure out how to download/use INPA and/or ECUWorx tool for coding changes starting with Z4M electric fan temp thresholds
    -find "BMW MPower" sticker somewhere - anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Smitsky089; 05-05-2020, 10:45 AM. Reason: removed pics
    -Brandon
    2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      Worked on my new engine while I wait for parts to work on the one that's in the car.
      Oh wow -- is there a DIY for this?

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post

Oh wow -- is there a DIY for this?
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-coupe?p=21130

Closest thing to a DIY. You'll have to source all the parts yourself though, which was the most complicated/annoying part of it all.
        Last edited by heinzboehmer; 05-05-2020, 04:44 PM.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Washed it and watched the odometer roll over 19,000 miles today

Comment

Originally posted by SteelG View Post
            Wow that's low. Pics?
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Don’t have a great picture yet as I just picked it up.

Comment

I thought there was a 0 missing
                Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Don’t have a great picture yet as I just picked it up.
                  Congrats. Post them up when you get a chance to take some!

Comment

Love love love steel grey
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Comment

3D designed and printed brake duct inlet for front bumper. Fits 2.5” silicon hose.
                        Last edited by jk715; 05-06-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

changed brake fluid, installed new lower door seals on both doors, greased up fuel door so it closes properly now & gave it wash.

oil change this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by poss View Post

Do you really want to use structural foam? Means you can't weld in the future, and welding a brace to connect the rear subframe mounts to the chassis rails is the only permanent solution to the 'subframe'/RACP cracking issue (and why BMW didn't deign it that way in the first place is beyond my comprehension)
                            Actually haven't looked in here lately hence the late reply. I already have reinforcement plates welded in. I did also get an X brace from puretech, though this was mainly to get the load distributed from the rear towers due to the rear coilover conversion.

The foam was to add another level of stiffness in addition.

Actually they just decided to cancel my foam order this Monday after I called the dealer to see what's going on (not been getting an update for nearly two months). Appearantly because bmw is saying the cannot deliver anymore. Although you can still get it from the manufacturer, they changed the name some time ago its now Loctite Teroson 1401...

Comment

Bought a few goodies for the m3

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
                                3D designed and printed brake duct inlet for front bumper. Fits 2.5” silicon hose.
                                That’s super right there !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X