What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M3Bob View Post
    Finally replaced the hood shocks, and did a belt/pulley refresh. REALLY need to clean the engine compartment....
    Same for the engine was going to start a thread about this , what’s used to clean the engine ?
    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
    • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
    • Supersprint
    • KW V3
    • 996 Brembo
    • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Just getting started. Last weekend installed Dynavin n7 pro and Bavsound speakers. Have since added a Milltek cat back and DKM clutch. With some of the discussion was paranoid on the DKM, but can report everything is good and no chatter.

Comment

The M5 has been getting a lot of love lately .. all new PS hydraulic hoses (cooling coil too since I cracked it on removal ...), front brakes + fluid, valve cover gaskets and two new MAFs, and have all new control arms ready to go in, including Turner monoball thrust arms. The MAFs were toast at 59k miles, it’s a whole new animal now.

No work on the M3 yet this year but 996 brakes are ready to go in and my Nogaros that I ordered last year (I didn’t order actually, they are an engagement gift ) are finally shipping from England this week!

Comment

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

Same for the engine was going to start a thread about this , what’s used to clean the engine ?
          I use the following.... both are safe on metals such as aluminium but the automotive version is also safe on clear coat and carbon fiber. the purple one is commonly found on the shelves but the automotive one is a special order. do NOT use the green simple green! I use my foam cannon with a pressure washer to bathe the engine bay and loosen the grime. then I rinse it and follow up with a spray bottle and various brushes throughout the engine. I don't dilute the stuff. Make sure to cover the alternator ! rinse with a garden hose and do NOT use pressure washer to blaster dirt away.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simple-G...3421/100550784

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simple-G...3260/206624116
          Last edited by Maxima SE; 05-04-2020, 07:51 AM.
          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Finally refinished my rear 996s. They were too much of a school bus yellow my first attempt (like billy/koni bodies). I'm smitten now! I also polished them and sealed with megs syn tech wax.

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Those calipers look perfect!

I took advantage of the nice weather I had recently and applied leatherique on my seats, cleaned my alcantara steering wheel and interior.

I love having my OEM CSL door cards. When everything is cleaned these carbon fiber inserts look so stunning....

Comment

Goddamn those are making me want to do this mod ^
                TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Ya those are amazing. Thanks cakm3
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by cakM3 View Post

I took advantage of the nice weather I had recently and applied leatherique on my seats, cleaned my alcantara steering wheel and interior.

I love having my OEM CSL door cards. When everything is cleaned these carbon fiber inserts look so stunning....
                    Wooooooooow
                    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                    • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                    • Supersprint
                    • KW V3
                    • 996 Brembo
                    • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by cakM3 View Post

Those look incredible.

​​​Got curious and damn just the door handles are ~$500 each. Sadly not a mod I'll be doing soon.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Those look incredible.

​​​Got curious and damn just the door handles are ~$500 each. Sadly not a mod I'll be doing soon.

It looks like Karbonius has begun to produce their own version of the handles - should be a great more accessible option.

(and I thought OE CSL roof mouldings were bad $$$)
                        TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post

It looks like Karbonius has begun to produce their own version of the handles - should be a great more accessible option.

(and I thought OE CSL roof mouldings were bad $$$)
                          Really? I don't see them on their website.

Also assuming those will be made from CF and I think I prefer the look of the OE pieces. I guess the CF could be painted, but that would add to the cost.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Really? I don't see them on their website.

Also assuming those will be made from CF and I think I prefer the look of the OE pieces. I guess the CF could be painted, but that would add to the cost.
                            They just posted this on IG -

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1296.jpeg
Views:	558
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	20883

I would hope they would be an OE replica, and not out of carbon as well.. .but we'll see when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post

They just posted this on IG -

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1296.jpeg
Views:	558
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	20883

I would hope they would be an OE replica, and not out of carbon as well.. .but we'll see when the time comes.
                              Ah makes sense. Very cool.

Sidenote: I always thought the CSL handles were made like the regular plastic titan shadow trim, but upon looking at pictures of them on ECS, I'm not sure that they are anymore. Maybe they're metal? Anyone know what material the OE ones are?

Comment

Worked on my new engine while I wait for parts to work on the one that's in the car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200504_195546.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	20975
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200504_195728.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	20976

Comment

Working...
                                X