No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Word to the wise on CC: Their engineering department will tell you that the slab HAS to have a 4 inch skirt all the way around instead of doing it edge-flush so the anchors won't crack the concrete. I made the mistake of following that instruction. Problem is, without some kind of flashing (that they do not provide), it will allow water to get in under the base rail. I've had a devil of a time getting it sealed up and water tight. Still have a few areas that get damp, but I'm gaining on it.

The crew that came to install it asked why the slab was 4" too big all the way around, so clearly they were used to doing them edge flush. They had it up and ready for codes inspection in 2 days.

Comment

Removed the sunroof/roof to prep the car for a carbon fiber roof

Comment

Took the fabric off my A pillars as it was sagging. Might re upholster them or just buy new ones
        11 E90 M3 Alpine White
        96 FJ80 Black
        05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)
        86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
        89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
        02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B279937-1C26-48F4-91F8-DA0AE7213BC2.jpeg
Views:	555
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	19829 Click image for larger version

Name:	FBBACECB-291C-4EBA-ABC8-79CCF865CE62.jpeg
Views:	538
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	19828 Started installing the Brembos finally.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
          Evolve Eventuri
          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Nice Gary!
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Adjusted my handbrake.

Also received this in the mail:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200501_234355.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	19903

AutoSolutions AutoCross SSK. 4.0 ratio, 207mm height. Can't wait to get it on the car.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Just finished this about 2 hours ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_001555.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	19905

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  Just finished this about 2 hours ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_001555.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	19905
                  Nice! Enjoy the incredible induction noise.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Installed spacers, suspension, and 996 BBK

Attached Files
                    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                    • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                    • Supersprint
                    • KW V3
                    • 996 Brembo
                    • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post

Thanks folks, I've been putting money aside for YEARS for this shop while working out of a 22x22 garage in a tight neighborhood. The wife and I were finally able to pull the trigger on a little piece of land to build on last year. We'd been in our previous house nearly 20 years and the equity combined with the way property values increased around here gave me the chance and budget assist to fulfill a dream.

It's 30x60, the building itself is by Carolina Carports, which frankly was the least expensive one I could find, but it keeps things dry. Just had to figure out something for insulation because even on 75 degree days it tried to turn into an oven in there.

I'm just a parts guy who's had the planets align just right for once after years of being patient.
                      That insulation will make a massive difference. Congrats on an amazing setup!
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Installed Moroso aluminum coolant expansion tank.
                        - No provision for low coolant sensor, have to short the harness or the low coolant light stays on.
                        - Slip-in tabs too short so the tank sits too high (some filing required).
                        - Had to place a 1/4" spacer under the tank mounting tab so it would sit level after the mounting screw is tightened.
                        - There is a sight glass to check the level instead of the BMW little fill stick that pops up when full.
                        - There is no provision to mount the windshield reservoir like the factory tank, you have to wire-tie it to a bracket that's welded to the tank.
                        So, typical aftermarket crap that needs work to fit, Moroso didn't take the time to make all the factory stuff fit. But on the upside I now have an all aluminum radiator/aluminum surge tank/silicon hoses/electric fan so I've done all that I can to avoid coolant system implosion.

Comment

OEM CSL trunk finally on.

Name:	A6028866-3-BE9-494-C-A01-B-D2-F841-E79335.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	20235
                          - Nabil
                          2006 Interlagos Blue ZCP
                          IG: @nfaridi

Comment

Fantastic!
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by KoukiMonster View Post
                              OEM CSL trunk finally on.

Name:	A6028866-3-BE9-494-C-A01-B-D2-F841-E79335.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	20235
                              That looks great. I need to get myself one soon.

Comment

Finally replaced the hood shocks, and did a belt/pulley refresh. REALLY need to clean the engine compartment....

Comment

Working...
                                X