No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After about 2 weeks of working on my sedan door panels in finally got them rewrapped and the inserts resecured back to the main door panel.

Can't wait to get the cf roof installed ok the sedan then I can install the panels and seats back into the car along with the slick top sedan headliner I was able to source that was already wrapped in Alcantara suede.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

^Super sharp

Transition in progress:

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
        Picked up this S65. I am not planning to start the swap project just yet, but this one had a bearing failure and hence a very low price. When I do the swap I will have a different crank, rods, and pistons anyways so I don't care if it's broken.
        Seems increasingly difficult to find project engines, since it's more profitable to sell them fixed. So I decided to pull the triffer and put it on stock.

BTW, transport mule was my DD GTI TCR 🤣

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Lol I think this is one of the best pictures I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
          After about 2 weeks of working on my sedan door panels in finally got them rewrapped and the inserts resecured back to the main door panel.

Can't wait to get the cf roof installed ok the sedan then I can install the panels and seats back into the car along with the slick top sedan headliner I was able to source that was already wrapped in Alcantara suede.
          Nice! Pictures do not do m tex justice, not even close. I have seen many pics online but saw one in person (brand new) yesterday and wow, I was blown away with how awesome it looked.

Comment

Shed some weight.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Polished OFH cap during oil change, this was about 15min of work, good enough for me.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20210403_191306.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	96312
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post

Lol I think this is one of the best pictures I have ever seen.
                Yeah, this one gave everyone a good laugh fitting it into my GTI. 😅

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

repaired headrests and door panels installed and the season started ...

Name:	IMG_6981.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	96353

Name:	IMG_6983.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	96354

Name:	729A8C02-DDCE-409A-8769-800ADA5D39C3.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	96355

Comment

That GTI with S65 reminded me of this installed engine in this VW at the SORC open road race here in NE.

Don't know the particulars but this thing was fast as all hell.

Name:	20180810_125131.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	96361
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Had a P1434 code for a few months. Google said it is the DMTL pump on the evap canister. Replaced it today. PO replaced once in 2007. I really hope the pump is the issue and not wiring.

Comment

More progress on my move from grey/black to imola/black. I swapped my carpet from grey to black but I didn't remove the dash and simpy cut the front carpet in two sections. The second pic demonstrates that you can't see any grey carpet even from floor level. If you have ever wanted to swap your carpet but haven't because you think you have to remove the dash, think again. I don't like shortcuts but this is a complete win. On another note the black sections on my imola door panels need refinishing so I'm currently taking care of that issue. I've done this a few times and have it down to where they really come out looking close to brand new. My rear seat belt grill panel hasn't arrived yet, bummer but that is easy to swap when it does.

Last edited by oceansize; 04-04-2021, 11:35 AM.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                          More progress on my move from grey/black to imola/black. I swapped my carpet from grey to black but I didn't remove the dash and simpy cut the front carpet in two sections. The second pic demonstrates that you can't see any grey carpet even from floor level. If you have ever wanted to swap your carpet but haven't because you think you have to remove the dash, think again. I don't like shortcuts but this is a complete win. On another note the black sections on my imola door panels need refinishing so I'm currently taking care of that issue. I've done this a few times and have it down to where they really come out looking close to brand new. My rear seat belt grill panel hasn't arrived yet, bummer but that is easy to swap when it does.

That brand new leather looks so good. Jealous.

How are you planning to refinish the door panels? Mine have some scratches and scrapes along the bottom from years of use and could use a little love.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

That brand new leather looks so good. Jealous.

How are you planning to refinish the door panels? Mine have some scratches and scrapes along the bottom from years of use and could use a little love.
                            Thanks, I'm finally getting the car to where I've always wanted it to be. Feels good.

Refinishing is super easy, truly. The black and grey panels above were refinished using this method. My process is:

1. Wait for a low humidity day (the lower the better) if you are in an open air area. Anything less than 60% should be fine.
                            2. Get an aerosol spray gun handle to use with your paint cans
                            3. Clean the black portion of the door panels, and I mean clean, with simple green
                            4. Mask off the door panel leather and bottom speaker with 3M professional quality automotive painters tape (this stuff won't bleed).
                            5. Multiple passes with isopropyl alcohol, vigorously.
                            6. Spray one fine coat of adhesion promoter
                            7. Wait 10 minutes (if it is really hot then wait 5).
                            8. 3 to 5 coats of Colorbond LVP Refinisher in BMW 258 black waiting 10 minutes between coats

SEM is also very good for this and its texture is slightly better. So why did I choose Colorbond? I think it is tougher and one thing I know for sure is it handles UV a little better. I took an interior trim panel and painted half with colorbond and half with SEM then left it outside in the elements for a month in the summer. Colorbond had less fade. Both brands seem to "melt" into the panel meaning it can't be simply chipped off. You can't go wrong with either brand so if you prefer SEM use it. Find an old interior piece and practice once or twice on that. I actually bought some beater door panels and practiced. I use 303 as UV protector and there has never been any color bleed.
                            Last edited by oceansize; 04-04-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Really appreciate the info. One more thing added to my (never ending) project list.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Engine back in the car. Just need to plug in all the wires and I’ll give it the first crank

Comment

Working...
                                X