No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't do it myself, but had the clutch and flywheel replaced, along with all the normal "while you're in there" parts - pilot bearing, pin, throw out bearing, rear main seal, all hardware. Original parts had 142k miles on them including a lot of track miles so I'm happy to have it done. Clutch pedal feels strangely smooth and a bit lighter.
    RIP M3F
    2002 M3 - 2002 325iT - 1994 Bronco

Comment

Some good ol autocross.......

Comment

Started welding on the sheet metal to complete the thermal insulation on my Supersprint Headers. PITA....

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
          Started welding on the sheet metal to complete the thermal insulation on my Supersprint Headers. PITA....

Does this perform better than ceramic? Just curious of the choice

Comment

Yea why exactly are you doing that? Is wrapping them not good enough?
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by E36 PWR View Post
              Audio delete, new euro parcel shelf and new c pillars going in

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2567.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	221572

Name:	IMG_2575.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	221574

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	221573
              What's the difference between US and Euro parcel shelves?
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

What's the difference between US and Euro parcel shelves?
                It has no holes for the latch restraint system and uses the smaller hifi speaker grills. Subtle difference but a little more sleek

Name:	IMG_2586.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	221911

Comment

In the process of making the car my own, I replaced my oem bumper with a CSL style one and finally paint matched my csl style trunk and diffuser(installed by previous owner several years ago).

Before
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	814.8 KB ID:	222049
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	601.3 KB ID:	222050
                  After
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	721.0 KB ID:	222051
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	882.1 KB ID:	222053​​
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	788.3 KB ID:	222052
                  Bonus pic my car and a buddy's e92 ​
                  Attached Files
                  2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver / Black

Dinan Section 3 - Dual Resonated Sec 1 - Dinan Springs & Bilstein Shocks - GruppeM Intake - Dinan Front & Rear Strut Bars - Hotchkis Front Sway Bar

www.instagram.com/nextlvel

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

Does this perform better than ceramic? Just curious of the choice
                    Ceramic reduces head dissipation roughly by 20%. Thermal insulation reduces dissipation by 70%.
                    By the way, they are also ceramic coated 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                      Yea why exactly are you doing that? Is wrapping them not good enough?
                      Wrapping with insulation tape ist almost the same in terms of reducing head dissipation. This is a bit better. Also since there is sheet metal around, stuff doesn't get in between and start rotting. Also, If you ever get oil on taped headers, the smell will never go...

Comment

Started having some goofy AC blower fan speed modulation, so I did the FSR today thinking maybe that fixes it. I replaced original unit with the ACM brand part. I'll say that the new one has shorter "fins" so it goes in easier than the original one comes out (hits the actuator rod on the little motor thingy in the way), but the housing shape isn't quite the same (plastic v. metal) so it takes a bit to get it seated; looks same as the $200 OE part so figure WTH. The fat plug was a PITA to get off, AND re-seat; don't break the little motor thingy in the way; best to unplug it first and if you have a long T-20, all the better. Other than that, it works, hoping not to have to do this again--replacing glove box and foot bulbs while I'm in there. I always like comparing the old parts to new, seeing what's different, how they cut cost, etc.

EDIT: Drove around today and I noticed more air is output at the vents, and the AC feels cooler. Interesting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0813.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	222173
                        Last edited by PSUEng; 06-17-2023, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Cussed at myself and punched my garbage can because I broke the expansion hose replacing my radiator. Now I'm waiting for the RE replacement to arrive.

Comment

Turned my Antigravity LiFePo4 into a paperweight over winter storage because I had too much faith in the low voltage cutoff and never found time to visit the car and put it on a tender … 2.7V across the terminals and won’t charge at all. New battery time, deciding between a CSL sized AGM or another 40 Ah lithium.

On the bright side the car started right up after jumping it with no odd noises or problems after eight months … always a win!

edit: decided to go with this one: https://powertexbatteries.com/produc...motive-battery

Nothing special about the Antigravity over any other LiFePo4 really. Cells are all sourced in China since they have the materials and the BMS is mature off the shelf tech. Really if you look at the cost of the cells themselves these batteries are all a ripoff .. they all have like $50 or less worth of lithium in them. I can stomach $450 compared to $270 for the CSL sized AGM though.
                            Last edited by repoman89; 06-18-2023, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                              Turned my Antigravity LiFePo4 into a paperweight over winter storage because I had too much faith in the low voltage cutoff and never found time to visit the car and put it on a tender … 2.7V across the terminals and won’t charge at all. New battery time, deciding between a CSL sized AGM or another 40 Ah lithium.

On the bright side the car started right up after jumping it with no odd noises or problems after eight months … always a win!

edit: decided to go with this one: https://powertexbatteries.com/produc...motive-battery

Nothing special about the Antigravity over any other LiFePo4 really. Cells are all sourced in China since they have the materials and the BMS is mature off the shelf tech. Really if you look at the cost of the cells themselves these batteries are all a ripoff .. they all have like $50 or less worth of lithium in them. I can stomach $450 compared to $270 for the CSL sized AGM though.
                              I wonder if you can bring that battery back to life by opening it up and charging the individual cells/banks back up. Wouldn't be surprised if the voltage is too low to power the BMS and that's why the battery isn't charging.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I wonder if you can bring that battery back to life by opening it up and charging the individual cells/banks back up. Wouldn't be surprised if the voltage is too low to power the BMS and that's why the battery isn't charging.
                                I sent them an email earlier asking if they could. Thought about doing it myself but the lid is pretty epoxied in place and I don’t want to hack at it. Voltage too low for the BMS was my thought too, assuming it can’t power itself from the output terminals since I put ~13V across them for quite a while.

My understanding is lifepo has a good shot of recovery with a degraded state of energy storage so I’ll see what they say.

My other idea if I was to hack it apart myself anyway was to just replace the cells themselves .. like I said before it’s only like $50-75 worth of lithium (<400 Wh)
                                Last edited by repoman89; 06-18-2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X