Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	234359 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20230917164019.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	234360
    Finally got the car ceramic coated after a long weekend in the garage

Comment

I love ceramic coating. It’s one of the best investments you can make in a daily or track driven car. My black X5 is clean even when it’s dirty (if that makes sense).

Comment

For a second I thought you had poured yourself a glass of Suntory.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

​ After months of deliberation, I went for a carbon driveshaft. For me, there was enough testing done to prove that it is the real deal and won't vibrate the hell out of my bones. Upon receiving the driveshaft, I could see that it oozes quality. Everything was meticulously designed and every bit of it looked like it belonged in a production vehicle.

Installation; however, was for from easy. First issue that I ran into was that the bolt needed to be threaded into from the reverse side of the shaft. On top of that, the driveshaft requires a longer bolt than I anticipated per the group buy page. I purchased a 58mm bolt which did not work for our application. I, in turn went for a 71mm guibo bolt from the F82 M4 which fixed the issue. Because it being a single piece, installing it requires you to drop the rear subframe along with differential to align the shaft properly. This is understandable considering the one piece design.

Now onto the important stuff. The driveshaft itself shed 6lbs off of the vehicle. Yes, it is down towards the ground but the difference was felt. The difference was felt not in way of weight savings, it was felt in terms of direct drive/positive traction. The shaft picked up all of the slop from the OE drive shaft with its center support bearing. Mind you, my M3 has only 64k miles and bushings have already been replaced once. The carbon driveshaft goes to shop how more engaging you can be on road with our chassis. Once you select a gear, it puts all of the power directly to the ground with delay.

The cherry on top was the weight savings. I weighed the OE driveshaft versus the carbon counterpart to find a 6 lbs weight savings.

Versus:

​​
          2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Nice, I would sure like one of those, I installed one on an E92 M3, definitely felt like it took some slop out of the driveline as well.
            Too bad a guy can't see it once installed, they look so damn good.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Working on a friend’s car these days. Doing a complete overhaul including big 3. He told me ‘’suspension is a disaster’’. Car is a 2003 Convertible, 90000miles on it and 8 owners. Original rear shock are blown but here is what I found up front:
              Attached Files
              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Maybe I should order brand new one, they seems worn a bit

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...uine-bmw-part/

Did you just find one of these on your car? Probably on a shock absorber right? And you're wondering what it is? This is called a shipping spacer and it's installed by BMW when the car is in transport. It's usually white but could be orange or blue (NOT to be confused with the shock's dense foam bump stop). This plastic block limits the suspension movement and keeps the car from rocking side to side and damaging the cars around it when it's on a container ship. When the car arrives in port at the BMW VDC (Vehicle Distribution Center) the techs or inspectors are supposed to remove these blocks. But sometimes they forget and one or more of these blocks remain on the car. This can be very irritating because the car rides and handles horribly. Your new BMW will have a very rough and harsh ride. With no suspension travel your BMW will crash over bumps and potholes. It can shake and vibrate the chassis and even items in the interior such as the seats and dash.

These are sometimes left in the car for years at a time and no one notices or cares to complain. Some people just think that's the way the car is supposed to be. Sometimes they only get noticed when the latest owner goes in to replace the shocks. We sometimes get calls from customers who think it's a wear item and needs to be replaced. After we confirm they're not looking at the actual shock bump stop (which should be there) we let them in on what it really is. You won't find this part at your local BMW dealer and it's not in the BMW ETK or Real OEM. So don't worry if you found this part on your car and think it needs replacing - toss it in the trash or mail it back to BMW with a note saying you can finally enjoy the handling of your Ultimate Driving Machine!​
                Last edited by Gt4; 09-21-2023, 11:54 AM.

Comment

New package from Schmiedmann only two days after placing the order!!

Perfect fit first try. Can't go wrong with OE 😉

Comment

New corners, new headlight lenses and seals, new grills, also new side markers and side grills. Just in time for storage for the winter lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6741.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	234735

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Looks good, needs a wash and wax lol
                      It's polished and coated, but very wet that morning!

In normal conditions:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
                        New package from Schmiedmann only two days after placing the order!!

Damn you.

My original plan with my car was to NOT go CSL, as I find it a little played out.

When the Miles End bumpers got posted last week I figured I'd grab one while I could, just in case JC goes underground again.

So, now I've been researching CSL trunks, and it seems the consensus is... that all of them suck but OEM.

So now I'm going to have to buy an OEM CSL trunk before they go NLA, aren't I.
                        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

Damn you.

My original plan with my car was to NOT go CSL, as I find it a little played out.

When the Miles End bumpers got posted last week I figured I'd grab one while I could, just in case JC goes underground again.

So, now I've been researching CSL trunks, and it seems the consensus is... that all of them suck but OEM.

So now I'm going to have to buy an OEM CSL trunk before they go NLA, aren't I.
                          Exactly the process I went through 😂. Saw the Miles End bumpers were back so picked one of those up. Then decided f' it im all in, time to order a CSL trunk. Schmiedmann had by far the best pricing and they are always a pleasure to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

It's polished and coated, but very wet that morning!

In normal conditions:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Gorgeous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

the karbonius one too?

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

the karbonius one too?
                                I think I would go with a Karbonius over an OEM CSL. OEM CSL weight exactly the same as the OEM non CSL steel trunk…

Comment

Working...
                                X