What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nyc951 View Post
    I’m new to this forum. While I like learning more about our M cars and reading about everyone’s cool projects, my wallet is starting to hurt big time from all the products I am seeing.
    You a track rat? If so then spill that wallet. If not then remember none of this is required or even needed. Example: BBK of any type? Completely unnecessary, change your brake fluid regularly and couple with OE pads which will be just fine for the street. Expensive coil overs? Not even close to being required.

1. Solid RTABS and Subframe bushings
    2. Rubber bushing maintenance everywhere else
    3. Regular brake fluid changes plus OE pads are fine for everyone not tracking their car
    4. VANOS performance checks
    5. Good springs and dampers.
    6. Remote Dyno Tune and maybe some upgraded injectors.
    7. Regular engine maintenance (valve adjustments)
    8. Light weight wheels

You're done and you're welcome. Spend all the money you just saved on making your interior really nice (should it need it).
    Last edited by oceansize; 08-23-2023, 10:33 AM.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
      Marek is shipping out my new seats today
      Looks amazing. I hit their site, and couldn't quite determine where they are located.

Comment

Thanks, he does factory grade quality, I'm super impressed and I'm picky af

The package came from KATOWICE - POLAND
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

You a track rat? If so then spill that wallet. If not then remember none of this is required or even needed. Example: BBK of any type? Completely unnecessary, change your brake fluid regularly and couple with OE pads which will be just fine for the street. Expensive coil overs? Not even close to being required.

1. Solid RTABS and Subframe bushings
          2. Rubber bushing maintenance everywhere else
          3. Regular brake fluid changes plus OE pads are fine for everyone not tracking their car
          4. VANOS performance checks
          5. Good springs and dampers.
          6. Remote Dyno Tune and maybe some upgraded injectors.
          7. Regular engine maintenance (valve adjustments)
          8. Light weight wheels

You're done and you're welcome. Spend all the money you just saved on making your interior really nice (should it need it).
          I won’t be tracking this car anytime soon as it’s too nice. And I have another car that’s lighter and is easier on consumables.

I do want to add lightness to this car as lighter cars just feel better to drive for me. And that’s the expensive part! I will do the big 3 lockdown first.

Comment

Ordered new tires, Costco finally had PS4S in stock.

Comment

Swapped out the Ohlin R&T with MCS. Now onto setting ride height, corner balancing, and string alignment….

Comment

What looked to be the original alternator, or an OE replacement finally bit the dust. Replaced it with a new 150 amp Valeo and hope to never touch it again.
                '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Installed the Meisterschaft muffler and got to adjust the VCSL diffuser for once. What a fantastic compliment to the CSL Airbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

Installed the Meisterschaft muffler and got to adjust the VCSL diffuser for once. What a fantastic compliment to the CSL Airbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Looks good, needs a wash and wax lol

Comment

Got my car back from the body shop after the fender boo-boo. Whole panel replaced with new part. I know my car isn't perfect; the paint is about “10 feet good” and could use work on all panels. Just not sure I'm 100% happy with the work. Am I being too critical?

Paint not 100% coverage on the inside lip (it is cleared though).

New scratches on bumper cover, but it does have a fair amount of rock chips up front.

Side skirt doesn't look right.

New paint damage on headlight trim.

Comment

My guess is they got a bit lazy. They taped off the fender incorrectly, pried at the wrong side of the headlight trim and didn't bother to fully clip in the rocker panel, either adding or replacing clips/fasteners.

Touchup paint can fix the trim and fender since they are not too visible and the rocker panel needs to be checked that all the clips are in place.
                        Last edited by Slideways; 09-16-2023, 03:37 PM.

Comment

AP Racing brake kit on front

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
                            Got my car back from the body shop after the fender boo-boo. Whole panel replaced with new part… Am I being too critical?
                            No. Hopefully collision experts chime in so you can go back to the shop with specifics. These days you almost have to be standing over people’s shoulders.

I’ve had good success having my mechanics interact with the body shop — new parts ordered by mechanics, sent to body shop for paint, with car if need for blending, parts installed (or at least checked) by mechanics. Otherwise the body shop will do whatever they think they can get away with, zip ties instead of clips, screws left over, you don’t even want to imagine. I’m dealing with this on my daughter’s car now. She’s in law school so she’s enjoying the e-mail writing campaign. I, however, find none of it amusing. But her car isn’t collectible…

maw
                            Last edited by maw1124; 09-16-2023, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

No. Hopefully collision experts chime in so you can go back to the shop with specifics. These days you almost have to be standing over people's shoulders.

maw
                              Insurance asked for feedback on the job so I submitted pictures and critiques.

This is why I do my own work as much as possible.

Comment

I added some more hazet stuff to the collection including a 1/4" smart holder socket/bit set for wrenching on small stuff as well as an old school USA-made steel tool box.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X