Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
    almost ready for pickup

Agree with jet - way to do something out of the ordinary and creative. I wouldn't have thought to put those two fabrics together but that came out pretty nice!
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Added sound deadening to the driver side. Will do pass side tomorrow..maybe…

Click image for larger version

Name:	1ABAB913-74C5-47D3-989F-0BC0E3EC89D6.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	169912
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Lol! Tricycles are tough to paint with their 3 wheels and weird symmetry.

Vintage Restoration in Troutman, NC. They are a full fledged resto/custom shop, do zero insurance work, have dedicated zones for all the different types of work they do (engine room, chassis room, metal fab, paint, body, final assembly, etc.). Everything is sectioned off by doors so the work in one zone doesn't impede another. For example, so the body shop doesn't get dust elsewhere. It is always amazingly clean everywhere you look. They have a lot of turn of the century machinery - huge lathes and the like. When I stepped into their shop for the first time, I knew I was in the right place. Super happy with these guys, clearly. They are craftsman in every sense of the word.

BMWs aren't really their thing, but they've enjoyed the work. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys. This sign hanging in the middle of the shop says it all.
        Is this the place you had the CF roof done?

Comment

Took a risk I guess but, got a deal I couldnt refuse on a spur of the moment… Turner CSL box, running on an off the shelf Active Auto Alpha-N… emailed Hassan yesterday for a custom tune, but no word back yet. Hope I hear back soon, booking a dyno by me is not easy. I have original SGT headers, section 1, and AA section 3, and I thought that was loud, but damn the noise out of this drowns my exhaust out. I ordered a supersprint sport hoping to quiet the exhaust down a bit, but now I’m wondering if that will work out now

edit: no idea why pic is rotated 90 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post

Is this the place you had the CF roof done?
            Yes it is. I was planning on doing it myself but given the timeline I was under, they ended up doing it. They did an incredible job sealing everything up and such. The cuts they did to remove the roof were perfect too. So much so that I have the entire steel roof completely intact and in perfect shape. Trying to see if my wife will let me hang it in the living room. I'm losing in the negotiations at the moment.

Sorry for just seeing this, I think the forum stopped sending notifications. I just stumbled upon this.
            Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 06-06-2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Yes it is. I was planning on doing it myself but given the timeline I was under, they ended up doing it. They did an incredible job sealing everything up and such. The cuts they did to remove the roof were perfect too. So much so that I have the entire steel roof completely intact and in perfect shape. Trying to see if my wife will let me hang it in the living room. I'm losing in the negotiations at the moment.

Sorry for just seeing this, I think the forum stopped sending notifications. I just stumbled upon this.
              Thanks. I'm in Cary area of Triangle. Looks like this place is near Charlotte, about ~2.5 hours drive each way.

I'll give them a call and see if they would consider taking my job for same CF roof install.

Urgh, why are all the good shops (CES, Eurompire, etc) are all stashed in Charlotte area...

Comment

Urgh, why are all the good shops (CES, Eurompire, etc) are all stashed in Charlotte area...
                Ha! Not to rub salt in a wound... but I just was at EuroMpire today having Hassan do a remote tune. Matt and his crew are a class act. It was my first time there, they are a great bunch of guys.

Comment

Ha! Not to rub salt in a wound... but I just was at EuroMpire today having Hassan do a remote tune. Matt and his crew are a class act. It was my first time there, they are a great bunch of guys.
                  I think I will be using these guys when my time comes to dyno. Glad you've had a positive experience with these guys. Glad there is a place relatively close by...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

I think I will be using these guys when my time comes to dyno. Glad you've had a positive experience with these guys. Glad there is a place relatively close by...
                    Yeah when Hassan said, "Oh you're in NC, you can go to EuroMpire" I wanted to work with a shop the tuner was already comfortable and working with. Total icing on the cake these guys were tip top. As much as I like to wrench on my own hooptie, I will definitely use them in the future for stuff.

Comment

You are kidding me... you were on Matt's dyno, with Hassan?

I think there's really only 2 people that can tune E46 M3 S54, Hassan and Nick. I think Nick does most of his remote tuning at CES (which i think is just next door to EuroMpire, what's up with that...........)

That dyno Matt recently got is linked AWD dyno, i would literally do "anything" to get on that dyno...

Okay, looks like i need to make a day trip to Charlottle area and see if i can kill two birds with one stone, sort of speak, the Vintage Restoration in Troutman, NC and EuroMpire in Charlotte.

Urgh.......

Why did i move to RTP...

Comment

You are kidding me... you were on Matt's dyno, with Hassan?
                        Yeah, go here for my results: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...823#post170823

I think there's really only 2 people that can tune E46 M3 S54, Hassan and Nick. I think Nick does most of his remote tuning at CES (which i think is just next door to EuroMpire, what's up with that...........)
                        I was confused by CES at first as you see that place with all the modded BMWs before looking way to the left to see EuroMpire. Strange those two places are basically in the same building, for all intents and purposes.

That dyno Matt recently got is linked AWD dyno, i would literally do "anything" to get on that dyno...
                        I've been on a lot of dynos with a different car. That dyno EuroMpire has is a really nice dyno. The whole setup for getting cars onto and off of the dyno is pretty spectacular too. Super easy on the cars. I also like that they have 4 separate straps with 4 separate d-ring anchors in concrete to hold the back of the car. I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                          almost ready for pickup

What's the name of this auto upholstery place? Thanks.

Comment

What's the name of this auto upholstery place? Thanks.
                            Rogelio's Auto Upholstery.

Same guy who did these SPX seats in Goyard.

I caught up with Ravi from CSF Radiators to talk about his latest SEMA project, this truly unique Porsche 911. I've followed many of Ravi and team's past bui...

Comment

Washed and ready for Saturday's BMW Takes Flight

Comment

ra2fanatic Didn't realise you were doing the rear seat as well. Looks class, mtex always looks good with LSB.

Comment

Working...
                                X