Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	30974
    Looks Great! What strut bar is that?

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
    Evolve Eventuri
    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

It all looks very fancy and then you look at the snorkel that doesn't fit 🤨

Comment

Nice to see the unused stock intake over the radiator removed.
        why do people leave it on ?
        Where did you get
        the "M" oil fill cap ?
        2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
          CSL has it so I left it on my car.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

Looks Great! What strut bar is that?
            Thanx man, I couldn’t tell you if I knew...got it from a buddy in Canada.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	9B0AF883-14A0-4044-91F8-5248B7DF7313.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	31628
              Originally posted by Slideways View Post
              It all looks very fancy and then you look at the snorkel that doesn't fit 🤨

Lol, it fits fine...it was detached for dyno testing previously & I just hadn’t gotten around to reattaching it yet.
              Last edited by stash1; 06-05-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
                Where did you get
                the "M" oil fill cap ?
                Not sure if directed towards me, but dunno...it just looks like an appendix at that point—as in unnecessary. Ehhh, I hate to admit to it, but I believe that it was an EBay purchase.
                Last edited by stash1; 06-05-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200531_154015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.2 KB ID:	31649

Wrapped a fender to get a feel of the difficulty. It's 3M 2080, Lucid Yellow.
                  Last edited by Nihilation; 06-05-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilation View Post
                    Wrapped a fender to get a feel of the difficulty.
                    And how was it?

E46 ///M3 Imola Red
                    996TT FVD'd Arena Red
                    C3 Corvette White/Graphite
                    F31 328d Alpine Weiss

Gone, but not forgotten:
                    S52 M Roadster
                    S54 M Roadster
                    Volvo V70R

Comment

Originally posted by M Pete View Post

And how was it?
                      Wrapping a fender is a good warm up but wrapping the front bumper or even something like the side view mirrors can be incredibly difficult. It takes a lot of patience and trial and error to get it right.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Been busy the past 4 days. Washed, Clayed, 2-Step Polish, and Ceramic Coated her. Rod Bearings changed (ACL Race) along with new OE motor mounts, OE steering guibo, BMW 10W-60 oil, and LM ATF power steering fluid. Engine should be good for another 70,000+ miles. Don't know when the old bearings were changed, if ever, but my last Blackstone was showing elevated iron, copper, and lead - so I just changed them for peace of mind and I am glad I did since three bearings were showing copper (#2 rod being the worst) with the others showing significant wear. Also, changed diff fluid since it was time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front Subframe Removed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	32057 Click image for larger version  Name:	Oil Pan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.5 KB ID:	32058 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rod Bearings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	32059 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rod Bearings 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	32060 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rod Bearings 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	32061 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rod Bearings 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	32062 Click image for larger version  Name:	Motor Mounts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.9 KB ID:	32063
                        Last edited by Robert's_BMW; 06-07-2020, 09:48 AM.
                        2004 M3 Coupe - Imola/Black | AA Supercharged (432 whp / 275 ft/lbs) | ARP Head Studs | ACL | Besian | Mishimoto CC | AA Headers w/ 100 Cell Race Cats | SS Section 2 | OEM Section 3 | TCK DA 400/500 | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Apex Arc-8 18x9 / 18x10 | 996 Brembo (In-Progress)

Comment

Nice job man! A question on the motor mount picture..why is the left so much taller than the right? I thought at first the left one was new and the right old, but it doesn't look the the one on the left is fresh out of the box.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                            Nice job man! A question on the motor mount picture..why is the left so much taller than the right? I thought at first the left one was new and the right old, but it doesn't look the the one on the left is fresh out of the box.
                            Yea, the left is the new one and the right is the old one. The new ones come with like some rubber dust on it, at least the ones from FCP Euro did. The one on the right fell in some power steering fluid so I cleaned it off, so it looks newer-albeit smaller.
                            2004 M3 Coupe - Imola/Black | AA Supercharged (432 whp / 275 ft/lbs) | ARP Head Studs | ACL | Besian | Mishimoto CC | AA Headers w/ 100 Cell Race Cats | SS Section 2 | OEM Section 3 | TCK DA 400/500 | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Apex Arc-8 18x9 / 18x10 | 996 Brembo (In-Progress)

Comment

Finally solved the SES light with the ambient temp circuit malfunction. After checking the sensor, pins, cluster and reading the wire from top to bottom, my buddy realized the connector that grabs the pin was just spread apart too much. Recrimped it to the appropriate gap and everything works normally now. I actually know what the ambient temp is, instead of the constant 122 degrees reading I was getting for months now.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Wrapping a fender is a good warm up but wrapping the front bumper or even something like the side view mirrors can be incredibly difficult. It takes a lot of patience and trial and error to get it right.
                                When the shop did my mirrors, they actually did it in two pieces, one for the top half and another for the bottom. They aligned the split seam along the curve of the mirror. They complained most about the mirrors and the front bumper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1577.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	32211

Comment

Working...
                                X