X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Valeo starter
    Cleaned TB's and plenum, cleaned MAF, cleaned IACV
    new fan clutch and blade. new belts and pulleys while i was in there
    bled brakes, drained radiator and engine block and filled with fresh coolant, flushed PS fluid, changed oil

bmw hose clamps FTL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	17558
    Attached Files
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Finished the metro molding / finisher rail repair on the passenger side; did the driver last weekend. My OCD has been temporarily appeased 😂

Comment

Over a few hours last Saturday afternoon, cleaned a spare wheel with IronX and wheel cleaner. Spent a bit of time carefully removing old wheel weights and stripping all the adhesive and tire marks, then another round of Iron X and wheel cleaner. Did some claybar to finish it off ... for now. Will fix a number of rashes and a few nicks here and there hopefully this weekend then planning to polish then protect (with a dab of ceramic coating) before putting it in storage.

Name:	Spare 2020-04-25 25pc.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	18375

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          New Valeo starter
          Cleaned TB's and plenum, cleaned MAF, cleaned IACV
          new fan clutch and blade. new belts and pulleys while i was in there
          bled brakes, drained radiator and engine block and filled with fresh coolant, flushed PS fluid, changed oil

bmw hose clamps FTL

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	17558
          Your car and my cars engine bay are twinses, right down to the color. Mine is missing all the same parts currently as well.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

While I'm waiting for new injectors to show up from FCP, I took my bad GM5 module and broken driver's door lock cylinder out, and sent them down to a certain disagreeable local expert to have them fixed. I'd been holding off because I'd gotten annoyed talking to him in the past. But since he could do both of those things at the same time I figured I'd just swallow my pride, have him do it and be done with it and not have to spend time sourcing a used but unfaulty GM5 and repairing the lock cylinder myself.

While I have the glovebox out waiting for the GM5 to come back, I figured I'd take a stab at finally solving the persistent airbag light I've had on for the entire 2+ years I've owned the car. When I got it, the airbag module had a ton of fault codes stored that wouldn't clear, including one saying that the module itself had internal faults. So about a year later I got a used airbag module out of a local donor car and swapped it in, and coded it to the car. Better, but still no luck. This time only one fault, but it was also unclearable: Passenger Airbag, stage 2 circuit. I never felt like I had time to dive under the dash and muck around with the wiring, and no google searches on the code gave me any great leads on what it probably was, so I just kind of left it. But since I had the glovebox out and all this wiring near the airbag was exposed, I figured it's now or never. Pulled the passenger airbag cover off, and pulled the airbag out to find that the wires running from the connector to the main car harness were actually completely crushed between one of the metal brackets that comes attached to the airbag and the frame that you fasten the airbag to! Pulled the smushed segments of the wires apart, cleaned em up, and wrapped them in electrical tape, connected the airbag and gave it a shot: code cleared, airbag light out for the first time in ownership!

Between the time when I picked the car up and tried replacing the faulty airbag module, I actually had the "temporary" BMW airbag recall done on the passenger side. At this point it still had the totally effed module so they just noted on the work order that the airbag light was on when it got there and continued to be on after the repair, so not their fault. But seeing what I found today, I'm guessing they smushed those wires replacing the airbag, but didn't realize it because the airbag light was already on for other reasons. Smh. Let's see how they do when I bring it in for the final recall...

Honestly can't tell you how good it feels to look at an error-light free dash for the first time ever! The car has never thrown an SES or EML light, but that SRS light has been screaming "you bought a hooptie" at me for far too long.
            Last edited by ATB88; 04-27-2020, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Your car and my cars engine bay are twinses, right down to the color. Mine is missing all the same parts currently as well.
              haha yeah ! and we both own a S65 too
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
                While I'm waiting for new injectors to show up from FCP, I took my bad GM5 module and broken driver's door lock cylinder out, and sent them down to a certain disagreeable local expert to have them fixed. I'd been holding off because I'd gotten annoyed talking to him in the past
                Ha I know exactly who you’re talking about. It was enough for me to just do it myself rather than send him any business.

Comment

One the weekend I visited both my cars in storage (does that count for quarantine?). Added a few more bounce sheets and took registration papers so I can register them for the year. Finally "warm" here. By warm I mean 40F or more during the day.

Comment

DAMN glad to have the forum back. Today, I had the Lair for the M3 insulated with closed-cell spray foam. Putting up the wall covering this weekend, then I can get busy building the shelving and work bench.

Next up is getting my stack of nickels and dimes tall enough for some HVAC in there.

Comment

Now that's a garage!!
                      TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                      Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                      Evolve Eventuri
                      - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
                        Now that's a garage!!
                        I know right? I was all excited at building a 22x22 detached for a couple extra slots and then he does this.... this massive play ground for adults. Damn it... LoL
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Befitting for an "M" or 2 or 3
                          2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Or nine...
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I know right? I was all excited at building a 22x22 detached for a couple extra slots and then he does this.... this massive play ground for adults. Damn it... LoL
                              Thanks folks, I've been putting money aside for YEARS for this shop while working out of a 22x22 garage in a tight neighborhood. The wife and I were finally able to pull the trigger on a little piece of land to build on last year. We'd been in our previous house nearly 20 years and the equity combined with the way property values increased around here gave me the chance and budget assist to fulfill a dream.

It's 30x60, the building itself is by Carolina Carports, which frankly was the least expensive one I could find, but it keeps things dry. Just had to figure out something for insulation because even on 75 degree days it tried to turn into an oven in there.

I'm just a parts guy who's had the planets align just right for once after years of being patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post

Thanks folks, I've been putting money aside for YEARS for this shop while working out of a 22x22 garage in a tight neighborhood. The wife and I were finally able to pull the trigger on a little piece of land to build on last year. We'd been in our previous house nearly 20 years and the equity combined with the way property values increased around here gave me the chance and budget assist to fulfill a dream.

It's 30x60, the building itself is by Carolina Carports, which frankly was the least expensive one I could find, but it keeps things dry. Just had to figure out something for insulation because even on 75 degree days it tried to turn into an oven in there.

I'm just a parts guy who's had the planets align just right for once after years of being patient.
                                I feel ya 100% and congrats as every car guy deserves a play ground. My wife and I didn't take a vacation, other than the occasional weekend beach trip, from my mid twenties till the age of 39. I was completely out of the car game as well. Along the way I paid off my house, cars, student loans, and everything else, gained a couple of rug rats, and have been completely debt free for a almost a decade. I have a two car garage but I'd like a bit more space so I'm investigating detached options and I will be sure to check out Carolina Carports.

Comment

Working...
                                X