What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Finally dropped in my fresh virginized MSS54HP DME from Kassel and synced it to my EWS using the Schwaben tool. Obviously this changes nothing from the previous MSS54, except it's now ready for CSL software once the Turner airboxes finally ship 馃

Comment

Comment

Got Ohlins installed yesterday by Kassel (was supposed to be a couple weeks ago, but things happened and I couldn't make it to my original appointment). Of course some time between parking my car when I came home from my last ER shift and yesterday, my starter decided to fail. So had to push start it to get the car there and back (they unfortunately did not have even a used starter on hand). Just gotta wait for FCP to deliver the new one now.

The Ohlins are freaking sweet btw. I'm almost more impressed with the ride quality than the handling (which itself is phenomenal based on the little bit I did push the car after the rain cleared up). Remarkable how well the car takes expansion joints and such.

Comment

Got my JRZs and new wheels installed by TKX. Completed the subframe reinforcement while car was there as well...relieved to know the car was clean with no cracks.
            So far really impressed by the JRZs, and the new tires (Yokohama A052s). While street driving the suspension absorbs bumps pretty well, not too harsh. Small road imperfections tend to make for a bouncy ride but this could also be due to the high spring rates. Can't wait to test them out on the track, took it to some back-roads and the car feels it's on rails.

Comment

Technically last weekend but anways. Now the fun part with new stuff going in:
              1. GC adjustable rear control arms
              2. OE Ball joints
              3. OE End links
              4. OE Bushings
              5. CMP Subframe bushings
              6. OE differential bushings
              7. CMP RTABs
              8. And last but not least a new 3.91 diff
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Got her all back together after 6mt swap, and took her for a drive to break in the clutch. It鈥檚 been a while since I had a manual. Good times!
                Attached Files

Comment

She got some new main bearings Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200424_103109_029.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	17316
                  IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Applied a 5th layer of Leatherique rejuvenator oil to my front seats that have been baking in the socal heat for the last 3 days... gonna clean it all up tomorrow and see how much of a difference repeated applications can make 馃槵

Comment

At 98k, today I replaced hydraulic and mechanical belt tensioners and both drive belts. Waiting on VC gasket and related parts and will finish valve check/adjustment along with verifying all VANOS specs. Fresh engine air filter and cabin air filter. Standing by waiting for that magic BlueBus to arrive!

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                        The Ohlins are freaking sweet btw. I'm almost more impressed with the ride quality than the handling (which itself is phenomenal based on the little bit I did push the car after the rain cleared up). Remarkable how well the car takes expansion joints and such.
                        Welcome to ths club!

Are you running their stock spring rates or trying flat ride?
                        Stock front tops or camber plates? If latter, did you get the spacer kit?
                        Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post

Welcome to ths club!

Are you running their stock spring rates or trying flat ride?
                          Stock front tops or camber plates? If latter, did you get the spacer kit?
                          Using the included springs and stock tops for now. Did switch to the CSL king pins at the same time so I should have about a degree extra camber anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Using the included springs and stock tops for now. Did switch to the CSL king pins at the same time so I should have about a degree extra camber anyway.
                            Cool. Put some miles on them and report.
                            Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Put amber corner bulbs back in. Had chrome "stealth" bulbs, but felt something was missing. Getting rid of amber (lense and/or bulb) was big in years past, but stock is just so classy now.

Last edited by Tbonem3; 04-28-2020, 02:17 PM.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

^ amber bulbs FTW. I run them as well
                                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X